IP Based Cron Jobs


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I run cronjobs on my website. After one of my visitors got curious and tinkered around he realized he could reset my cron jobs...woohoo....

Is there a way to get information from the server to make sure it is who it is?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have my idea below but I would like to know if there was another more secure way of doing this or if my way is fine. Since I also automaticly updating incoming CPA Leads and Paypal IPN the same way as my cronjobs. Paypal IPN does have to make sure there 'account balance' has money through Database so they can't just go throwing money at themselves..Luckily I had thought of that before the visitor went tinkering.

I basicly figured something like if i ran a cronjob and my server ip was 1.1.1.1 and the cronjob sent to http://site.com/cron.php?id=admin22113 coding would be as followed:

Code: [Select]$id=$_GET["id"];
$ip=@$REMOTE_ADDR;



if ($ip==1.1.1.1){
if ($id="admin22113"){

DoFunctions(CronJobs)

}
}

the $id(admin22113) I put as a secondary security measure. Say my own personal passcode to check if its there to say its me.

Only problem with this is my CPA Company IP changes and doesn't do "passcodes". I have to use Get functions to receive data through server so this is a little harder for a visitor to call. If there are any other possible ways please help me out.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
196 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Can't seem to capture a variable in a chained select
I'm *this* close to having a chained select running but for some reason it doesn't seem to be pickin

help with multi-update
Now sure how to ask this really....
10g database if that matters.

I have a customer

Rand() help needed
Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

value not going in data base
hello friends....
i am having a working javascript....when i am selecting any

Auto fill in input value based on User_ID
Hello,

I'm looking form some input on the following problem.

User loads page ->

user validation always displaying invalid ? please help
Hello,

I have 2 accounts and there is a field in mysql called validated it can be either &quo

C - Reading a file into a byte array
Hi,

I'm trying to read a file into a byte array in C. I have to use C as this is for a loadru

Show specific day of the week
I have been racking my brain trying to get this function to work properly and it is doing so for eve

Interpret Order
Hello all,

I'm wondering if I have this:

Code: $switch = array(
'one' =>

How to store checkbox array in a session, and then be able to add to it?
I'm trying to store an array of checkbox values into a session array, sort of like a shopping cart,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash