md5 is it unique


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know this is most likely one of many simple questions that can be found semi easily. But I'm pressed for time. I have searched google, php.net, etc. But it only tells me how to make md5 hashes. Ok great that part I knew.

What I am curious of is, if I create a md5 hash and store it as a session a cookie, or an entry in a database for later comparison with something else. If I followed the same exact method of creating the variable for the session, with the same exact data, would it create the same exact hash as before or would it create a new hash that would be diffrent

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
example

$session_key = md5('Name-of-Product'.'Price'.'Shipping');
$compare_key = md5('Name-of-Product'.'Price'.'Shipping');

for the example above I would initial hash the info for the $session_key

through a series of different actions the user will eventually end up sending the data through the site via some form of variable or another $_POST or $_GET what I am tempting to do is want to make sure that if i take the user provided data that it matches that of the session I created earlier by comparing the 2 hash strings.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
271 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

Send inserts to mysql thru port 80
Hi!

I have an application that must do some inserts in a mysql db. This db is behind a firewa

PHP If Else statement for breadcrumb
Hi

I am trying to use a PHP if else statement to display a breadcrumb link on wordpress

is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections?
i was wondering is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections? any

Required to login help
I'm trying to set up my site so users have to be logged into the forum to access the site.I've been

Uploading files/images via forms
Hey all, I am building a database for work that will contain some minor data on plant species along

retrieving policy name inside the function called by this particular policy
Hi there,

I've playing around with dbms_rls package, trying to set up some security repo

Encrypt php code?
Is it possible to encrypt php code in files,
so that it displays a load of unreadable characters

wav to mp3 + goDaddy
I need to convert wav files to mp3s. From what I have found so far one way to do it is to have my PH

Problem writing URL into database
How would I write this into the database?

<?php echo "http://".$_SERVER['SER

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash