array ...


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi
Code: function formatCategories($categories, $parentId)
{
// $navCat stores all children categories
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
// of $parentId
$navCat = array();

// expand only the categories with the same parent id
// all other remain compact
$ids = array();
foreach ($categories as $category) {
if ($category['cat_parent_id'] == $parentId) {
$navCat[] = $category;

}


// save the ids for later use
$ids[$category['cat_id']] = $category;

}


print_r($ids[$category[0]]);

If i am printing the array using,
print_r($ids[$category[0]]);here 0 is the start key of the array(as shown in last line of codes)..OR print_r($ids[$category[12]]);
here 12 is the cat_id of a product...

I am getting notice as,Notice: Undefined offset: 0.
without out the display of expected output..

But if i use print_r($ids);
i get,

Array ( [12] => Array ( [cat_id] => 12 [cat_parent_id] => 0 [cat_name] => Cars [cat_image] => dce08605333d805106217aaab7f93b95.jpg [cat_description] => Expensive and luxurious cars ) [13] => Array ( [cat_id] => 13 [cat_parent_id] => 0 .................................etc....

And
if i use print_r($ids[$category['cat_id']]);after for each loop
i get,
Array ( [cat_id] => 17 [cat_parent_id] => 13 [cat_name] => Hunter X Hunter [cat_image] => 746e05a7a629d53bc488115a75ee35d9.jpg [cat_description] => Story about hunter and combat )

The question is why do i get notice of undefined offset after using those,print_r($ids[$category[0]]);(as shown in last line of codes)..OR print_r($ids[$category[12]]); statements instead of expected output..


could you explain this please..

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
189 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

extract data
Code: <div class="post hentry uncustomized-post-template">

pageination not working right... coping images over 4 pages
Code: <?php //This code will obtain the required page number from the $_GET array. Note that

Loop Through Date Range
Hi guys,
I have date range as parameter like 01/JAN/2009 TO 16/JAN/2009 now i want to loop thro

Members Only
Hi all, for my website i have a members area only which on members can veiw, but at the moment anyon

using explode() to fill in checkboxes
Hi

I have a field stored in a table that contains regions in the UK separated by commas. Ther

Inserting multiple records from single form
I've found a number of threads that deal with this issue, but I'm new to php and coding language so

show the direct link into href
I want to display link on the page. i am fetching the data(URL) from database,actually before that i

Unidentified index error in a simple form
I have been trying to make an HTML form that is handled by a PHP script. So far my attempts to get i

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

Two fgetcsv related questions ;D
First of im trying to get a file from a merchants server but the directory is protected, I know the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash