PHP Thumbnail Creation


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok so i use this function to create thumbnails:

Code: function createthumb($name,$filename,$new_w,$new_h)
{
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$system=explode('.',$name);
$src_img=imagecreatefrompng($name);
$old_x=imageSX($src_img);
$old_y=imageSY($src_img);
if ($old_x > $old_y)
{
$thumb_w=$new_w;
$thumb_h=$old_y*($new_h/$old_x);
}
if ($old_x < $old_y)
{
$thumb_w=$old_x*($new_w/$old_y);
$thumb_h=$new_h;
}
if ($old_x == $old_y)
{
$thumb_w=$new_w;
$thumb_h=$new_h;
}
$dst_img=ImageCreateTrueColor($thumb_w,$thumb_h);
imagecopyresampled($dst_img,$src_img,0,0,0,0,$thumb_w,$thumb_h,$old_x,$old_y);
if (preg_match("/png/",$system[1]))
{
imagepng($dst_img,$filename);
} else {
imagejpeg($dst_img,$filename);
}
imagedestroy($dst_img);
imagedestroy($src_img);
}
It works and all, but the problem is that for my gallery i need all the pictures to be exactly 150x150, but i also need the images to keep their aspect ratio (so they don't look ugly) so i was thinking i could add like borders that would fill up the space. Ok imagine the function resizes the image to 100x150 so i make the image centered and add 50px wide white black borders on each side of the picture, so it isn't stretched out (keeps it's ratio) and is also 150x150.

The question is, how do i do this?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
347 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

Ten Operator Syntax
Hi Guys,

I can't figure out why i am getting a parse error with this basic ten op code:

Place specific image in html page when specific name is typed.
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

keeps going back to index.html ???????
ok so i started making my site using mostly.html files now i have added a fair chunk of php. My inde

Query issues
I probably have this setup wrong well I know I do because nothing is showing up now. What I want is

Any decent php formatter/beautifier/pretty printer?
Any decent php formatter/beautifier/pretty printer class/function?

I found the following whil

Insert to MySQL inside foreach
Hey.
I am parsing some html, and putting inside an html db.
I need to create a randomized inte

quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic
i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL>

Big O & time complexity ???
can you help me how to calculate the Big O & time complexity for any algorithm and c++ program pleas

how to read and write into a word document using php...?
hi,
I need,reading and writting into a word document using php.




Thank u inadva

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash