Coefficient of a Restitution Hints

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can give me hints on how to write this program...

The coefficient of a restitution of a ball, a number between 0 and 1, specifiies how much energy is conserved when a ball hits a rigid surface. A coefficient of .9, for instance, means a bouncing ball will rise 90 percent of its previous height after each bounce. Write a program to input a coefficient of restitution and an intial hright in meters, and report how many times a ball bounces when dropped from its initial height before it rises to a height of less than 10 centimeters. Also report the total distance traveled by the ball before this point. The coefficients of restitution of a tennis ball, basketball, super ball, and softball are 0.7, 0.75, 0.9, and 0.3, respectively.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
154 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

$_POST variable un-useable
I'm trying to use a $_POST variable in a mysql update statement but i can't use it for some unknown

Accept only alpha characters
I've got this bit of code ready for accepting a phrase:

Code: if (!eregi ("", $_POS

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

C - Reading a file into a byte array
Hi,

I'm trying to read a file into a byte array in C. I have to use C as this is for a loadru

Most basic form question ever?
Hello,

I want to use this snippet to make sure the fields in a form are ok before processing

Tree Menu
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowin

Share admin accross websites
I'm using .net memberships and roles in one of my sites, but I need to be able to share logins and p

Weird problem with SELECT command..Help!
Hi!

It seems I'm having a really weird problem with SQL SELECT command....I have table into a

Simple image grab script.
I was wondering if it was possible and if anyone knew how to make a simple php script that looks at

foreach result into a single variable
Hi,

I have this code...

Code: [Select]foreach ($_POST['Interests'] as $interest =&

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash