quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL> execute :myvariable:=dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number();

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

SQL> print myvariable;

MYVARIABLE
451578

for example i made some insertions into a table after this and commit is executed. If i want to rollback this transaction thn i can use

SQL> execute dbms_flashback.enable_at_system_change_number(:myvariable);

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

but what if i dont know the SCN of the database before the transaction(insertion in to the table). If i want to rollback the database to state where i don't know the SCN of that particular state, thn how can i do tht.

i know tht we can do it using timestamp method....but i want to know how we can use this SCN concept in this situation.
Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
287 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

File upload issues
Hi Guys,

Can anyone see any issues with this code:
Code: [Select]$setImage= 'productimages

extract a file from zip file
hi,
i know how to unzip a zip file in php, but is there a way to just extract a certain file only

Checking if a process is running (problems including psapi.dll i think...)
Ok, so all I'm trying to do is check if a program is running...

I've found out that I nee

[Need Help] php timing issues
I don't know what is going wrong. I need some help with being able to set an image at 9:00am Colorad

Using CSS to format MySQL query
Hi,

If i want to have a news page on my site, which displays all records of a table in descen

How do i use vars in an array
Hiya peeps!

How do I use a var in an array. You will see $id but it isnt working.


php/mysql auto logout after 2 hour and reset password
Hi all,

This I hope will make sense. I've the following code which when a user logins in, cr

Creating a function
Basically i wanna put all this code in a seperate file

Code: <?php

remove innitial

and

tags
i am using tiny_mce as a text editor for my CMS.
buy now the problem is it add <p>

in php, link returns to the line
When I add a link in a php page, the link word returns to the line (as a
would do)

Examp

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash