Quick Question about echo value


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey guys, I'm trying to get something to show differently in one of my scripts. I'm trying to make it so that people that are a certain rank in my game will have their names show up bold in the users online. so I figured it would go like this:

Code: mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username'");
$rank=$rows['rank'];
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$rankpoints=$rows['rankpoints'];

if($rankpoints>=50000){
echo '<b>$rank</b>' ; }

Is that right? Because normally when they hit this certain rank, it updates their rank in the database to RANK. However, when viewing users online, it doesn't show it. Anyone know why? Either way, I would like for them to get their names in bold.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
258 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Upload file and add HTML
Hey everyone,

I have a client has meeting agendas and minutes that should be posted online. I

Replacing a string on click of a button
Hi! Is there a way to replace a string on a click of a text link?

This is what I've come up w

The repetition structure: the while statement not working
New programming student, have assignment as follows:
A restaurant has 4 lunch combos for custom

DataTable Help Required
Hi all I am creating an app that utilises and MS Access back end and queries it quite a bit at vario

some questions
Hello,

I am looking for the answers for following questions:

1) Does PHP support overl

Members Only
Hi all, for my website i have a members area only which on members can veiw, but at the moment anyon

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

Oracle11g Patch issue
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error while installing Oracle11g Patch 11.1.0.7.0 on IBM-AI

Form a inline view based on the results of the previous query?
Hi Experts,
Can we form a inline view on the results of a previous query (another inline view)?

keeps going back to index.html ???????
ok so i started making my site using mostly.html files now i have added a fair chunk of php. My inde

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash