Quick Question about echo value

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey guys, I'm trying to get something to show differently in one of my scripts. I'm trying to make it so that people that are a certain rank in my game will have their names show up bold in the users online. so I figured it would go like this:

Code: mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username'");
$rank=$rows['rank'];
$rankpoints=$rows['rankpoints'];

if($rankpoints>=50000){
echo '<b>$rank</b>' ; }

Is that right? Because normally when they hit this certain rank, it updates their rank in the database to RANK. However, when viewing users online, it doesn't show it. Anyone know why? Either way, I would like for them to get their names in bold.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
258 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

php libs/ browsercap.in
ok i have a host that refuses to stay current. they control my php settings and libs. is there a way

Extra fields in main body and php required.
I'm new to PHP so please be gentle. I have a little php script below that works well.
The &quo

I need to increse 6hours more, and i don't know how???
I need to increse 6hours more, and i don't know how???
<tr>
<t

"GROUP BY" in arrays
Well i'm looking to do something i usually could do easily using COUNT and GROUP BY if it was a sql

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

Table colours fail when extra row added
Hey Gurus,

I got a weird problem with formating the colour of a table made in php. Everything

Getting rid of quotes when printing data
Hi Guys, I use the filter_var FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING to filter the textarea input. The function esca

Generate PDF
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to generate pdf when clicking on a link. In f

shoping cart issues
i´ve wrote this and works when i add an item to, my cart, but when i want to add othrer item just

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash