There was a problem with the request. (Code: 0)

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 by admin

Any Idea what could cause this? I get it randomly at best. But with both IE and FF. It derives from an AJAX banner rotation script I am attempting to implement. Well have implemented it... And the script loads and runs fine per say minus the random error "There was a problem with the request.(Code: 0)" that pops up from time to time.

The error also only occurs when it does occur upon a reload of the page. Or a linked clicked on the page (not even necessarily a banner within the script) Its as if when the page unloads its failing some how but I don't know how, as I don't know what exactly can cause that error, and I have no yielded anything in my searches on google/yahoo about this.

I am using this script http://www.phpied.com/ajax-banner-rotation/
if anyone's familiar with it. I also seem to be the only one with this issue. So I don't know. I haven't done anything to significantly change the base of the script from there, and no one complains about this issue there (except me)

Any Ideas suggestions, etc.. that anyone may have as to how I can either catch the error and fix it. Or catch it and have it ignored so it doesn't cause the pop up. The error has also occurred on several PCs ranging from XP installs with IE 6 to Vista Installs with IE8.. FF gets the same issue so I don't think its a cross compatibility issue. So I know its not just my rig's setup causing the issue. Again like I said any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Other forums