Add User script "Could not execute query"


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

This should be an easy script but I can't get it to run. Can someone please help me?

<html><head><title>Adding a User</title></head>
<body>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

$self = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$first_name = $_POST['firstname'];
$last_name = $_POST['lastname'];
$user_email = $_POST['useremail'];

if( (!$first_name) or (!$last_name) or (!$user_email) )
{
$form ="Please enter all new user details...";
$form.="<form action="$self"";
$form.=" method="post">First Name: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="firstname"";
$form.=" value="$first_name">
Last Name: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="lastname"";
$form.=" value="$last_name">
Email: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="useremail"";
$form.=" value="$user_email">
";
$form.="<input type="submit" value="Submit">";
$form.="</form>";
echo($form);
}
else
{
#connect to MySQL
$conn = @mysql_connect("localhost","xxxx","xxxx")
or die("Could not connect to MySQL");
#select a database
$db = @mysql_select_db("xxxx",$conn)
or die("Could not select database");
#create the SQL query
$sql = "insert into tablename (firstname, lastname, useremail)
values ("$first_name",'"$last_name","$user_email" )";
#execute the query
$result = @mysql_query($sql,$conn)
or die("Could not execute query");
if($result)
{ echo("New user $user_email added"); }
}
?>
</body></html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
331 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Re-Order by ID Number
I have a cms set up for inputting an image, thumb, title, pdf, and eps. When input the database ass

Hyperlink is adding an extra gap to variable
Hi, here's my problem..

I have a php generated page with a hyperlink which opens in a new win

Modal Popup Help
Hi guys, I have a modal popup with an iframe. How can i send data from a label or textbox to the ifr

problem getting my contact form working
Yeah I know this is a pretty basic problem, but it's been a while since I've worked with PHP and I'm

php is not recognized as an internal or external command
Hello,

I am trying to bake the code in CakePHP through my console.
I have changed my Path

big pagination problem in php
<?php

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "")

Losing 'page' data
I have this code that allows me to update my database. But after updating, I lose the $_GET['page']

Adding meta tags under Zend FW
Hello there, recently has come to my hands the FTP of a website which is running under Zend, I would

getting most records by count
Code: [Select]<?php

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost","dam

Checking if variable is 0 as opposed to NULL/Empty...
I'm trying to write some code that will retrieve a user's access level from my database and if it do

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash