Give me all your tricks for minimizing jar file size

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I'm coming close to releasing my J2ME game... I am kicking up against the 64k size barrier which I have imposed as a maximum size for my game. I would like to add more levels to the game but the only way I can do that Is to make the jar smaller... Oh yeah I have made the decision to NOT have it download any data (maps, etc...) over the internet as well.

I have heard about using preprocessors to get rid of statics and that would make it smaller... Any thoughts, suggestions? Sun one studio 5 ME doesn't seem to support preprocessing... is there any free or cheap IDE that does?

Do any obfuscators do a significantly better job at reducing size than the retroguard one does?

I've tried to eliminate any common code amongst classes and put it in static functions that get called from many places...

I'm wondering about using shorts internally instead of ints... at first I was going with shorts thinking it would be a size savings, but now I'm thinking that all the conversions to ints and back are probably a size loss... anyone know the empirical answer?

If you have any tips to reduce jar size, please respond :)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
87 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

1,000 select boxes with 100 options?!
I have 1 drop down select box with 1,000 options.

In some case, there will be 100+ of the

in php, link returns to the line
When I add a link in a php page, the link word returns to the line (as a
would do)

Examp

Big O & time complexity ???
can you help me how to calculate the Big O & time complexity for any algorithm and c++ program pleas

Problem in back link
I have page where i have given javascript back link but when i click on it browser give a message

Can't seem to capture a variable in a chained select
I'm *this* close to having a chained select running but for some reason it doesn't seem to be pickin

db entry based on primary key
My "topics" table contains 10 entires
topicid topic
------

Help With editting and deleting form
Hallo !!

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.pn

how to get IP address?
hey guys,

i have this code which is supposed to get me the IP address of my site visitors:

A Few Questions
Hi, I want to ask a few questions that I can't seem to find..

1) I'm creating a "shortcu

ereg_replace in Wordpress
Heya - so I'm working on this site: http://world-of-smiles.theportlandco.com/new-patients

The

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash