elseif help!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

OK so I'm new to the site, as well as PHP altogether (Trying my hand at managing an online RPG) and so far it's been quite smooth. However whilst trying to change an aspect of the game from giving the user the location of another user into giving the user the continent another user is in I have become a bit stuck. Here is the original piece of code:

if ($action=="choose")
{
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$infoskill=$currentuser["infoskill"];
$infoskill=$infoskill+makeBonus($user,"i",$db);
if ($find=="location")
{
if ($infoskill > 14)
{
$cost=round((15/$infoskill)*300);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";
}
else
{
$sql="SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `name` = '$usertofind' AND `dead` = 'n'";
$userlocationresult = runSQL($sql, $currentuser["admin"]);
if ($userlocation = mysql_fetch_array($userlocationresult))
{
echo " $usertofind is in ".$userlocation["location"].".
n";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
else
{
echo " The user you entered doesn't exist or is dead.
n";
}
}
}
else
{
echo " You don't have the contacts to find that information.
n";
}
}
elseif ($find=="skills")
{
if ($infoskill > 19)
{
$cost=round((20/$infoskill)*400);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";

As you can see in the middle of that piece the user can pay to see the location of another user, providing the target is not dead and the user has enough cash. Now instead of giving the exact location of the target I am trying to group the cities into continents, like so:

if ($action=="choose")
{
$infoskill=$currentuser["infoskill"];
$infoskill=$infoskill+makeBonus($user,"i",$db);
if ($find=="location")
{
if ($infoskill > 14)
{
$cost=round((15/$infoskill)*300);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n";
}
else
{
$sql="SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `name` = '$usertofind' AND `dead` = 'n'";
$userlocationresult = runSQL($sql, $currentuser["admin"]);
if ($userlocation = London || Milan || Paris || Dublin || Moscow)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Europe.";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Lagos || Johannesburg || Nairobi)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Africa";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = New York || Los Angeles || Dallas)
{
echo " $usertofind is in North America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Bogota || Rio De Janeiro || Buenos Aires)
{
echo " $usertofind is in South America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
elseif ($userlocation = Mexico City || Havana || Kingston)
{
echo " $usertofind is in Central America";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
else
{
echo " $usertofind is in Asia";
runSQL("UPDATE `users` SET `cash`=`cash`-'$cost' WHERE `name`='$user'", $currentuser["admin"]);
}
}
}
else
{
echo " You don't have the contacts to find that information.
n";
}
}
elseif ($find=="skills")
{
if ($infoskill > 19)
{
$cost=round((20/$infoskill)*400);
if ($cost <20)
{
$cost=20;
}
if ($currentuser["cash"]<$cost)
{
echo " You can't afford that information.
n"

This however gives the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a7098669/public_html/getinfo.php on line 158

What can I do to solve this? And instead of giving just text answers could I group the locations into continents and just have one response which would be something like:

"$usertofind is in $continent"

I hope someone can help!

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
148 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Troubles with a spider class
I am building a spider that will crawl through random whitepages (eg. anywho.com, switchboard.com, w

How do I use a global footer..?
If my index.php has a bole bunch of if functions and exit's in them

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

validating url
im trying to validate url's sent to me by a form
the url's im collecting are for placing banners

insert quotes
Hi,

I have an output like this:
Code: john,18,Cancer
How can I change this to
Code:

Not Inserting into DB
I can't get my Add new Division form to submit to the database. Anyone see my issue?

Code: &a

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Need help making a blockquote and line items conditional
I have some code I bought a few years ago that allows my clients to update content on their site usi

change text color with a jQuery code
Hihow can I change the text in a asp:TextBox to a different color when I start typing using jQuery?I

Display a default image
I am trying to display generic image for items that don't have one, but I can't get it to display.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash