IP Based Cron Jobs

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I run cronjobs on my website. After one of my visitors got curious and tinkered around he realized he could reset my cron jobs...woohoo....

Is there a way to get information from the server to make sure it is who it is?

I have my idea below but I would like to know if there was another more secure way of doing this or if my way is fine. Since I also automaticly updating incoming CPA Leads and Paypal IPN the same way as my cronjobs. Paypal IPN does have to make sure there 'account balance' has money through Database so they can't just go throwing money at themselves..Luckily I had thought of that before the visitor went tinkering.

I basicly figured something like if i ran a cronjob and my server ip was 1.1.1.1 and the cronjob sent to http://site.com/cron.php?id=admin22113 coding would be as followed:

Code: [Select]$id=$_GET["id"];
$ip=@$REMOTE_ADDR;

if ($ip==1.1.1.1){
if ($id="admin22113"){

DoFunctions(CronJobs)

}
}

the $id(admin22113) I put as a secondary security measure. Say my own personal passcode to check if its there to say its me.

Only problem with this is my CPA Company IP changes and doesn't do "passcodes". I have to use Get functions to receive data through server so this is a little harder for a visitor to call. If there are any other possible ways please help me out.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
196 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to store checkbox array in a session, and then be able to add to it?
I'm trying to store an array of checkbox values into a session array, sort of like a shopping cart,

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

MySQL-PHP Query Results Help
Hello all. I'm hoping to be able to get some help in solving a problem with query/rowcount output. I

array_map() probably obvious mistake
The code below is part of a class to escape strings, but should also accept an array, using array_ma

How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

PHP page is blank
Hi Everyone,

I have a site in which I am able to open the first PHP webpage in my browser but

media recovery
Hi,
i startup the database i got the error

SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Multi Level Array Problem
hi all,

For example I have array like below:

$temp = array(array('north america', 'us'

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

Passing PHP variables from one page to another
Hello-

I'm having trouble figuring out how to transport a variable from one php file to anoth

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash