How to Handle more than one submit button in single form?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi
I have one PHP file which contains one Form. In this form there are two Submit type Buttons
<input type="submit" name="edit" value="save">
<input type="submit" name="cancel" value="cancel">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<form name="myform" onsubmit="return validate()">

My problem is : When i m trying to use Javascript onsubmit event of a form it confused due to two submit buttons and onsubmit of any button(save or cancel) it runs Javascript. Generally it should not run on cancel button.

Please provide solution as soon as possible.

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
243 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

if statements problems
Hi. I'm trying to make a web form, but I kind of hit a dead end trying to figure out why it doesn't

login page does not execute a else statement
I've created a login page using sessions.
When an incorrect user name or password is entered then

Update Myspace status with CURL
Logging in:

Code: <?php

class Myspace
{
function login($username, $pa

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

cPanel API
Hi Guys,

Need a little guidance. I'm trying to get my script to communicate with cPanel (or W

First root of a number
Hi,

I can't find any function in php to give me the first root of a number.
Is there any

$_FILES array
Ok,

I just started experimenting with PHP today. My goal right now is to have people be able

Dynamic Data + Sql Server 2005 Enterprise?
Hi! I have just started to learn ASP.NET, and it looks like it is quite a lot to learn. Im not reall

Exporting new records
Trying to figure out the best way to set this up.

People register my site.

Their prof

passthru() help
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and to PHP. I have some pretty good experience writing shell sc

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash