Internal Server Error issues

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 by admin

This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but eventually I had to give up
Basically, I have a website that is based around manipulating photos with php commands(imagecopymerge,imagecolorat,etc.) however, one page, which compiles all of the data together, is way too large. Most of the time it results in an internal server error. Base on what a GoDaddy Customer service representative said, I assumed that this problem is caused by the script taking too much of the server's time and concentration.
Because of this, I wrote a code to by pass it by doing some of the commands, then refreshing with a changed GET variable to tell the page where to start based on how high the number is. This kind of solved the problem, but there's still a 50% chance that I will get a server error on any random step for reasons I don't understand. My question is, is there any way I can stop an internal server error 500, or redirect the page automatically when it happens? And if not, what part of a website package would I need to upgrade to allocate more time and processing power for my website?
Thank you

Other forums