DateObject and Nulls

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I have an array mapped to a value object. One of the items in the array is a PHP DateObject, and I need to format this field appropriately.

When looping through the array, I pass this field to a function as follows: (simplified for expendiency)
Code: [Select]if (!is_null($date))
{
return date_format($date, "Y-m-d");
}
This works great, except for the case when the DateObject contains a null value - in this case the above function seems to always return the current date.

I am guessing that this is because $date is not really null (i.e. it contains an object, even though the object is null), but I am not sure how to get around this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
70 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

UPLOAD IMAGES NOT WORKING!
Hi there i have a upload script in which it uploads the picture to a folder than creates two thumbna

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in
hello,
i receive the error :Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:xamppxampphtdocsh

Quick variable question
hey guys/gals,
im trying to write a php script and it works fine as i have it, but i need to set

Class not found error
I am getting Class 'index' not found in Eval function:

//write config

$pat

explode() function problem maybe
Hi I'm having trouble searching my database. When I type two words in the search field it only searc

Storing user data help?
Hey Guys,

I'm not use if this question is to broad but I can always give you more informatio

checkbox update
I am having a brain fart right now and i cant remember how to do this. if anyone could help that wou

Preg_match unknown modifyer
Hello,

Im trying to write a little script for my forums i need to get the reply from my forum

cURL Sending File as Post
This is a bit complicated, I'm just hoping someone else has run into this and knows how to do it a d

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash