Select Lists into MYSQL


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello All, I am new to PHP @ 1 week. So borrowing code anywhere I can. I am making progress, but hit a snag.

I have 2 list boxes, that I use to move items left to right. When I click submit I want to load the items selected into MySQL. Is anyone able to help please? I can do the insert into MySQL (i think), but i cant work out how to get the values into a variable that PHP can use to submit.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Then to make it more complicated, once I have it working for 1 list, I ideally wany about 10 lists on the page (with only 1 submit box). I am lost.

Thanks
greg

Code: This is my OPTION.js file

var selectedList;
var availableList;
function createListObjects(){
availableList = document.getElementById("availableOptions");
selectedList = document.getElementById("selectedOptions");
}
function delAttribute(){
var selIndex = selectedList.selectedIndex;
if(selIndex < 0)
return;
availableList.appendChild(selectedList.options.item(selIndex))
selectNone(selectedList,availableList);
setSize(availableList,selectedList);
}
function addAttribute(){
var addIndex = availableList.selectedIndex;
if(addIndex < 0)
return;
selectedList.appendChild(availableList.options.item(addIndex));
selectNone(selectedList,availableList);
setSize(selectedList,availableList);
}
function delAll(){
var len = selectedList.length -1;
for(i=len; i>=0; i--){
availableList.appendChild(selectedList.item(i));
}
selectNone(selectedList,availableList);
setSize(selectedList,availableList);

}
function addAll(){
var len = availableList.length -1;
for(i=len; i>=0; i--){
selectedList.appendChild(availableList.item(i));
}
selectNone(selectedList,availableList);
setSize(selectedList,availableList);

}
function selectNone(list1,list2){
list1.selectedIndex = -1;
list2.selectedIndex = -1;
addIndex = -1;
selIndex = -1;
}
function setSize(list1,list2){
list1.size = getSize(list1);
list2.size = getSize(list2);
}
function getSize(list){
/* Mozilla ignores whitespace, IE doesn't - count the elements in the list */
var len = list.childNodes.length;
var nsLen = 0;
//nodeType returns 1 for elements
for(i=0; i<len; i++){
if(list.childNodes.item(i).nodeType==1)
nsLen++;
}
if(nsLen<2)
return 2;
else
return nsLen;
}
function showSelected(){
var optionList = document.getElementById("selectedOptions").options;

var data = '';
var len = optionList.length;
for(i=0; i<len; i++){
if(i>0)
data += ',';
data += optionList.item(i).value;
}

alert(data);

}




Code: This is my edit.php file
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Test</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="option.js"></script>
</head>

<body onload="createListObjects()">



<?php

echo" <select name="selectedOptions[]" id="selectedOptions" multiple="true"> "; //start the select box

echo "<option value="1">Cat</option>n"; //and place it in the select
echo "<option value="2">Dog</option>n"; //and place it in the select
echo "</select>"; //close the select

?>

<button onclick="addAttribute()">&lt;</button>
<button onclick="addAll()">&lt;&lt;&lt;</button>
<button onclick="delAttribute()">&gt;</button>
<button onclick="delAll()">&gt;&gt;&gt;</button> </td>


<?php

echo" <select name="availableOptions" id="availableOptions" multiple="true"> "; //start the select box

echo "<option value="3">pig</option>n"; //and place it in the select


echo "</select>"; //close the select

?>



<tr>
<td colspan="2"><button
onclick="showSelected()">
Submit</button> </td>
</tr>



</body>
</html>


Code: <html><body>
<?php


$data = $_POST['selectedoptions'];


I AM LOST HERE



echo "Data Inserted!";






?>
</body></html>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
161 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need PHP help... have all the elements... just need help putting them together :
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am doing a website for a client which

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

why isn't this PHP code working ???
it's suppose to find a name on the database.

<?php

$s = $_POST["lname&

A WBS element with the name XXX already exists in version FREI_VERSION
Hi.
When I am trying to insert WBS element in a project, error occurs:

"A WBS eleme

Credit card verification
I have a client who wants to process credit card transactions from his web site rather than the goin

PHP page is blank
Hi Everyone,

I have a site in which I am able to open the first PHP webpage in my browser but

Code Review - SQL and Insertion Attacks (Warning: Not for Newbs)
Hey guys,

Its been a while, I know. Use to love coming here to answer peoples questions, but

need help with php get
i have a option box that gets filled with dates, but how do i get once the option value has been cli

utl_file open error
i have file in the unix path

Path /popdev01/pop/popdevb/tfi/

File name

sapgui f4 help last search
I know this has to be simople. One user (maybe more) does not have the "last search saved" from the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash