Users and Groups with PHP Classes


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I have setup what I hope to be a good working User class. Now I want to introduce group membership and group permissions. Before doing so, I have a couple of questions.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Firstly, because users and groups have a relationship would you say that a user inherits a group and therefore group code should be in the User class ? vice versa ? or is it commonly implemented differently ?

Secondly, and I am fairly sure I know the answer to this, but I'm guessing that groupID membership shouldn't be stored in the session right ? for security reasons ?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
187 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

understanding functions and classes
Code: [Select]
class person {
var $name = "Jimmy Goe";

function get_nam

Email with Attachments in PHP
Hi Friends

How to send email in PHP with attachment.
I know simple mail can be sent with

php global variable
how can we create global variable so we can use its value in any form.. Please give example to

Preg_match question
I want to use preg_match to make sure a string is always 6 characters long and only contains 0-9 and

Variables and Include
Code: [Select]<?php

$header = $_COOKIE['mss']['header'];
$body = $_COOKIE['mss']['b

Turning Data into URLs?
This may seem very basic to you, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this since I don'

FILTER_CALLBACK -- Files?
Hi All,

I'm using the php filter functions to validate my form data. For custom filters, I'm

Update data to upper case in parent/child tables
Hi Gurus!

In production we have a product table and which is being reference by many tabl

Renaming array keys
The issue: renaming array keys inside a foreach loop.

I'm trying to build a pie chart image w

Coding question?
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to make a way for people to pay for health in my game,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash