help me, how to find text on an external html site using PHP


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Would anyone know how to search an external html file for a work or phrase ?

I was thinking something like this --
I use script cURL...
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: <?php
if (isset($_POST['submitted'])) {

$xurl_1 = $_POST['url_1'];
$xtext_1 = $_POST['text_1'];

function check_1($url_1, $text_1){
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url_1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
$result=curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

preg_match ("|<[pP]>".$text_1."</[pP]>|i", $result, $matches);

if (count($matches)>0){
$i=true;
}else{
$i=false;
}
return $i;
}

if(check_1( $xurl_1, $xtext_1)){
echo "Text found";
}else{
echo "Text not found";
}

} else {
?>

<h3>Link Verifier</h3>
<form action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method="post">
<p><b>URL :</b> <input type="text" name="url_1" size="30" value="" /></p>
<p><b> Exist :</b> <input type="text" name="text_1" size="30" value="" /></p>
<div align="center"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Check" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="submitted" value="TRUE" />
</form>
<?php
}
?>

Unfortunently, that doesn't work..

it say:
Quote"Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/*/*/new.php on line 8"

how to install cURL on windows?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
164 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Simpler method of getting variables from mysql
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to

CE 7.1 and External GIS integration
Hi All,

We want to develop an application on CE 7.1 which uses GIS features from an exter

Image DPI
Hi.

I allow users to upload images, the user then is able to adjust several settings for the

Batch update record with Pagination
Hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having, im trying to batch update records from a resu

losing variables between php brackets
Hi

have got this code:
Code: $id=mysql_result($result,0,"itemid");
$title=mys

LSB (PHP 5.3) problem with static value!
hello,

i'm having a problem. static::$text variable gets lost at some point. can someone plea

First root of a number
Hi,

I can't find any function in php to give me the first root of a number.
Is there any

PHP - HTML
Could anyone give me some GOOD sample links for php - html email tutorial.

Thanks!

Word filter problem
Hello,

im trying to make a filter for words inputted in to my website but i want to store the

CURL XML Request [From C to PHP]
Hi,

I need some help converting this into something that will work with PHP.

Code: #

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash