Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data update current data or delete old data from tempproducts to products then it will delete the tempproducts from the db however i keep getting this error:

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in E:UpdateProducts.php on line 33

updateproducts.php
Code: <?php
include('../../otherscripts/functions.php');
$log = new Logging();

// create DB connection
$host = "localhost";
$user = "user";
$pass = "pass";
$mydb = "db";

$db = mssql_connect($host,$user,$pass);

//Select Database
mssql_select_db($mydb);

// delete all old data
$sql0 = "SELECT * FROM tempproduct";
$sql1 = "INSERT INTO products SELECT * FROM tempproduct WHERE manf_part_no NOT IN (SELECT manf_part_no FROM products) AND supp_id NOT IN (SELECT supp_id FROM products)";
$sql2 = "DELETE FROM products WHERE manf_part_no NOT IN (SELECT manf_part_no FROM tempproduct) AND supp_id NOT IN (SELECT supp_id FROM tempproduct)";
$sql3 = "UPDATE p1 SET p1.avail_qty = t1.avail_qty, p1.cost_price = t1.cost_price, p1.rrp = t1.rrp, p1.date_added = t1.date_added, p1.description = t1.description FROM Products p1 INNER JOIN tempproduct t1 ON (p1.manf_part_no = t1.manf_part_no AND p1.supp_id = t1.supp_id)";
$sql4 = "TRUNCATE TABLE tempproduct";

//If tempproduct is empty done Execute Commands if it is full then execute commands

$query = mssql_query($sql0) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to select for count from db'));
$rowcount = mssql_num_rows($query);

if($rowcount == 0){
$log->lwrite('Teh tempproduct am emptyish');
}
else{
mssql_query($sql1) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to insert to db'.$sql1));
mssql_query($sql2) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to Delete from db'));
mssql_query($sql3) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to Update db'));
mssql_query($sql4) or die ($log->lwrite('Failed to TRUNCATE db'));
}
?>

if i run $sql1 command in the sql manager it runs fine and no errors occur?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

str_replace help
Hey there,

I'm a PHP newb, I'm having troubles with the str_replace function. I want to clean

fopen() security
As i understood the usage of fopen() for it to function correctly the Dir you write to has to be rw

Filename and Line Number Custom Error
I have a class, with a method that accepts 2 parameters. I would like to output error messages.

Move array index to end
Hey guys,
Quick question:

I have an array that looks like this:
Code: [Select]$var =

Help uploading .JPG
I have a problem with upload images when the ending is .JPG capitalized.. I really don't know what c

i want run some web server under the ip sharer
hello i want run some web server under the ip sharer
my ip is floating ip but it doesnt matter

retrieving images from mysql database using php
So I've been trying to figure out how to store images in a mysql database, and as far as i can tell

PHP page loading in Firefox but not in IE
hello,

i am currently doing a project in PHP and i have a problem. If I view the project in M

Header is not working in IE
Hi ! header function is not working in IE but it works in FF, Safari, Chrome. any help please. :

FILTER_CALLBACK -- Files?
Hi All,

I'm using the php filter functions to validate my form data. For custom filters, I'm

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash