switch not getting value


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

what am i doing wrong?
i want to populate the country list according to the category
i want to switch in case CategoryID=1 and CatID2=2 in the country_list table

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
then call on "alpha" to populate the dropdown list via ajax
the form:
Code: <!--
The following file was created by Iwo Kadziela at TECHROAM: http://www.techroam.com
This file uses MySql database and AJAX to create autopopulating dynamic select boxes.

<html>
<head>
<script src="request.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

function getfirst(dd1)
{
clearSelect = document.getElementById('thirdbox');
clearSelect.options.length = 1;
//above code clears the third select box when re-clicking the first select box

var idx = dd1.selectedIndex;
var first = dd1[idx].value;
var par = document.forms["theform"];
var parelmts = par.elements;
var prezsel = parelmts["secondbox"];
if (first != "Select Something One")
{
Http.get({
url: "./alpha.php?alpha=" + first + "%",
callback: fillPrez,
cache: Http.Cache.Get
}, [prezsel]);
}
}

function getsecond(dd1)
{
var idx = dd1.selectedIndex;
var second = dd1[idx].text;
var par = document.forms["theform"];
var parelmts = par.elements;
var prezsel = parelmts["thirdbox"];
if (second != "Select Something Two")
{
Http.get({
url: "./beta.php?state=" + second,
callback: fillPrez,
cache: Http.Cache.Get
}, [prezsel]);
}
}

function fillPrez(xmlreply, prezelmt)
{
if (xmlreply.status == Http.Status.OK)
{
var prezresponse = xmlreply.responseText;
var prezar = prezresponse.split("|");
prezelmt.length = 1;
prezelmt.length = prezar.length;
for (o=1; o < prezar.length; o++)
{
prezelmt[o].text = prezar[o];
prezelmt[o].value = prezar[o];
}
}
else
{
alert("Cannot handle the AJAX call.");
}
}

function getthird(dd1,dd2) {
var idx = dd1.selectedIndex;
var third = dd1[idx].text;
if (third != "Select The Final")
{
Http.get({
url: "./final.php?state=" + dd2 + "&city=" + third,
callback: getit,
cache: Http.Cache.Get
});
}
}

function getit(xmlreply){
if (xmlreply.status == Http.Status.OK)
{
document.getElementById("final").innerHTML= xmlreply.responseText;
}
else
{
alert("Cannot handle the AJAX call.");
}
}
</script>
<style>
body {
width:800px;
margin: 0px auto;
text-align:center;
}
p {display:inline;margin:20px;}
div {clear:both;width:800px;border:1px solid #999;padding:20px;margin:20px 0px 20px 0px;}
</style>
</head>

<body>

<form name="theform">
<p>
<select name="firstbox" size="13" style="position: relative; width: 215px;" onChange="getfirst(this);">
<option value="">Select Something One</option>
<?php
do {
?>
<option value="<?php echo $row_RsCategories['CategoryID']?>"><?php echo $row_RsCategories['CategoryName']?></option>
<?php
} while ($row_RsCategories = mysql_fetch_assoc($RsCategories));
$rows = mysql_num_rows($RsCategories);
if($rows > 0) {
mysql_data_seek($RsCategories, 0);
$row_RsCategories = mysql_fetch_assoc($RsCategories);
}
?>
</select>
</p>
<p>
<select name="secondbox" size="13" style="position: relative; width: 215px;" onChange="getsecond(this);">
<option>Select Something Two</option>
</select>
</p>
<p>
<select id="thirdbox" name="thirdbox" size="13" style="position: relative; width: 215px;" onChange="getthird(this, document.theform.secondbox.options[document.theform.secondbox.selectedIndex].value);">
<option>Select The Final</option>
</select>
</p>
</form>
<center>THE FINAL CONTENT PULLED FROM DATABASE</center>
<div id="final"></div>
</body>
</html>
<?php
mysql_free_result($RsCategories);
?>

alpha.php
Code: </php
$dbconnection = mysql_connect ("localhost", "root", "") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("international", $dbconnection) or die("Couldn't open database: ".mysql_error());
$alpha=$_GET['alpha'];
switch ($alpha)
{
case 1:
$result = mysql_query("SELECT CountryName from country_list WHERE CategoryID = '".$_GET['alpha']."'");
break;
case 2:
$result = mysql_query("SELECT CountryName from country_list WHERE CatID2 = '".$_GET['alpha']."'");
break;


while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
echo "|" . $row['CountryName'];
}

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
97 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Mail form doesn't send Russian/Cyrillic characters correctly?
When someone enters foreign characters (like Cyrillic text, and Japanese/Chinese probably gives the

How could I combine these arrays??
Hello.. I'm trying to figure out a way to combine these first two arrays to get the last array..

System copy error in RUN ABAP REPORT PHASE
Hi,
I am performing system copy on my test server. I have previously taken export of JAVA + A

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

Fetching META TAGS through
Hello everybody
I want to fetch meta tags of a domain.
It will be done from following code of

Operating System
How in PHP or other language can I detect Operating system, ie Windows XP Home, Windows 7 Ultimate,

Contact Form Not Working When I Add Validation Codes
So I built my first working PHP "Contact Us" like form. But, I have been trying to now mak

PHP hyperlinks generator - HELP plz
Hi

I need some help to get this done using php:


1 - I have few hyperlinks say 500

Change log of Cost centre change in Plant maintenance order
Hi,
How to view Change log of Cost centre in Plant maintenance order. Not visible thru 'Docume

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash