Problem with variable declaration in switch statement


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I am having some trouble assigning a value to a variable inside a switch statement. What I am trying to do here is trip an error if the user has already added an item in the shopping cart. The While and Foreach loops work perfectly fine. The problem is that the value of variable $error does not get passed outside of the case. As a result, I cannot get the error message to display. I really need to get this to work and any help is appreciated. The code looks something like this:

Code: switch ($action) {
case 'add' :
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
{
if ($_SESSION['CartID'] == "")
{

$query = 'INSERT INTO ShopCart( UserID )VALUES("' . $UserID . '")';
mysql_query($query, $db) or die(mysql_error($db));

$Shop = 'SELECT ShopCartID FROM ShopCart WHERE UserID = "' . $UserID . '" ORDER BY ShopCartID ASC LIMIT 1';
$Cart = mysql_query($Shop);
$ShopCart = mysql_fetch_row($Cart);
$_SESSION['CartID'] = $ShopCart[0];
}
$query = 'SELECT ProductID FROM ShopCartLine WHERE ShopCartID = "' . $_SESSION['CartID'] . '"';
$result=mysql_query($query, $db) or die(mysql_error($db));

//$row = mysql_fetch_row( $result );
while($var = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
foreach ($var as $i) {
if ($i == $ProductID) {
$error = 1; //TRIP THE ERROR HERE!
echo "<script type='text/javascript'>window.top.location='http://amarcy2.db-class.ids.uic.edu/shopcart.php';</script>";
}
}
}
}


The code being used to display the error message is as follows:

Code:
if ($error == 1) {
echo '<p>You already have this item in your basket!</p>';
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
286 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Can't get the unicode character
I'm trying to get some text from various parts of a file. I have converted the file to hex (bin2hex)

Captcha problem users just refresh and it will let them auto submit again
Users will just re submit and not have to enter the new captcha.. ? Lol but if i refresh the page, t

Locking mysql tables with php
Hi

BACKGROUND:
I have multiple instances of the same php script running in a WAMP environ

How to search for several parameters from objects in a database?
I have a database with lots of information about objects.
Now I would like to search for 4 or 5 p

data type in column definition
Hi,
I create a table with column called "Direction of Travel code ".
The travel codes in t

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

problem with sql querry in php script
Hello guys,

What I want to do is I want to read out a csv file and then but te conent ot the

Not loading image
When this function gets loaded it doesn't load the image just trying to figure out why.

Code:

connect() succeeds but accept() does not?
Please help me with this problem. I'm working on a time-sensitive project where I'm using TCP socket

Image loading
Hi Developers,

I'm trying to display an image from images/image.gif getting the url from mysq

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash