How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an FTP account with access to a sub directory, but this doesn't exactly solve the problem!

1. They can write PHP code to access other directories below and have FULL access to *everything*!

2. What if I could solve problem 1 somehow (I have no idea how!), but then I wanted them to have *only* access to a directory but NOT to sub directories contained under that directory?

I'd always given developers a sub directory in which to put their code - I'd never actually ever thought that they could access the whole domain!

So: how can I make sure they only have access to what I want?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
289 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

Contents of variable not echoing
Hey guys, hopefully this is an easy one...

In this line, the variables are not echoing out. T

Session variable help
I'm having a very troubling issue. Maybe I'm just looking over something but I have looked at the co

Changes to hosting company's server has affected web contact form
I started a thread a couple of months ago about the contact forms on my client's website. Basically

Retrieving innerHTML with cURL?
Hey all (sorry I know I'm a leecher, but I soon won't be. This is my first PHP project, but not my l

pageination not working right... coping images over 4 pages
Code: <?php //This code will obtain the required page number from the $_GET array. Note that

PHP - HTTP Digest Authentication - Understanding Code Help
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on your website and please excuse if I am asking silly que

PHP login form help (Done Most of It)
Hi i am having a problem, when i try logging in it is always saying "Invalid Login" im not

utf8_general_ci error ??
I have all kinds of data to be inserted in database table

//I am getting this error

Yo

How to use Substr
I want to check for the word CATEGORY: inside a string which can be CATEGORY: ITEM
and remove the

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash