question about stripslashes and real_escape_string


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

im cleaning up an old app that I wrote fixing some of the vulernabilities from attacks.

I have roughly 30 files. I want to be able to edit every $_POST and $_GET

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: [Select]$value=$_POST['value'];
$value=$_GET['value'];
my instinct would be to edit every file and do it manually

Code: [Select]$value=$_POST['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)


$value=$_GET['value'];
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

but if there was a faster way it would make my life easier. What I would like to do is to maybe create a function i can put at the top of every page or into my global.php which is included into every page that would do something like this

Code: [Select]
if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

$value = stripslashes($value);
}else{
$value=mysql_real_escape_string($value)

}
i dont intend to have magic quotes on, but other people might on there servers.

I just need every $_POST or $_GET within my script to be automaticly cleaned or filtered from SQL Injections

I saw something a long time ago where it was something they put at the top of there page, this will be completely wrong, but i will give u an example of what it looked like

Code: [Select]$_GET = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_GET);
$_POST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_POST);
$_COOKIE = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_COOKIE);
$_REQUEST = array_map('mysql_real_escape_string', $_REQUEST);

im not to sure how that goes about effecting everything, where to put it, etc

Any ideas or suggestions? Or am I stuck doing it manually.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
152 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Operator precedence assistance.
I did a quick Google search and couldn't quite find the answer I wanted in terms I could understand,

mail with attachment problems
Hi. I have the following code:
Code: else if(file_exists("site".$timp.".zip")

Preg_match question
I want to use preg_match to make sure a string is always 6 characters long and only contains 0-9 and

Significance of BPM
Hi Experts,
I am a novice in BPM , I just want to know how BPM as permenant department is

Get keys and values from an array
Hellow,

I have an array $Data with keys and values. With a foreach I can display all the valu

Embed Video Problem
Hey, thanks for looking!

File to be embedded:

Code: <playlist version="1&q

Detail Expenses Report by Cost Center
I would like to obtain a report out of SAP that shows a list of expenses by cost center that shows t

SAP FICO learning materials
Hi all,
I am new to this world of SAP FICO. I have taken training on SAP FICO, but was wonderin

Suggestions for Functional module
Hello experts,
I Have done B.Sc(Mathematics) and MCA & have learnt SAP/ABAP but do n

Multi dimensional arrays
If I put in this code:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13<

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash