Creating a db with a query


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone.
I'm having troubles creating a db with a query.
I'm reading a book called PHP Bibles from Tim Converse
I get this error
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_create_db() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/testing/10/ch22/weblog_db_create.php on line 8
Not sure why and help would be great.
Here is the code:
Code: <?php
// You'll probably have to be the root MySQL user to run this script.
// If you can't get that permission, you could alter the script below
// to create tables in your pre-existing database.
include("db_password.inc");

mysql_connect($hostname, $user, $password) or die("Failure to communicate");
$try_create = mysql_create_db("weblogs");
if ($try_create > 0) {
echo ("Successfully created database.<BR>n");
mysql_select_db("weblogs");
$query = "CREATE TABLE login (ID SMALLINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, username VARCHAR(20), password VARCHAR(20))";
$result = mysql_query($query);
// Since we're not using the standard MySQL
// date format, store date as an integer
$query2 = "CREATE TABLE mylog (ID SMALLINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, date INT(8), blogtext TEXT)";
$result2 = mysql_query($query2);
mysql_close();
if ($result > 0 && $result2 > 0) {
echo ("Successfully created tables<BR>n");
} else {
echo ("Unable to create tables.");
}
} else {
echo ("Unable to create database");
}
?>

Password for db_password.inc
localhost
nomad
nomad

Many thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
84 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Date Question
I'm using the TIMESTAMP() function within mysql to set the date/time for certain events. However, ho

TabControl Inside ListView Not Editing
Hello everybodyI have a ListView on my page. Inside the ListView I put a TabControl, cuz I want to p

Populate drop down list from table??
Lets say for arguments sake that i have a table which contains the numbers 1 to 10.
How can i get

IMAGE - SERVER SIDE scripting help...
How to receive pixel data of an image and buid a bitmap file on the server using the HTTP POST metho

Need to write a cookie with a url var
Not sure if its possible, but I need to write a cookie with a url.

So this would write 2232 a

Standard DES encryption script?
Can anybody point me to a tutorial or a short script that shows how to encrypt some text with salt i

that old Malformed Headers problem again!!!!! HELP!!!!!!
I've read the http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,37442.0.html

I don't think my c

How to use Substr
I want to check for the word CATEGORY: inside a string which can be CATEGORY: ITEM
and remove the

Using the $_GET variable to view certain records
Hello,

First let me explain my problem, I have 2 pages the first page pull a list of Guide ti

PHP - HTTP Digest Authentication - Understanding Code Help
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on your website and please excuse if I am asking silly que

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash