Convert array to string and write to csv file


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am looking to write a MySQL query to a csv file.

At the minute I:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
check for the original file, and delete it;
create a new (blank) file;
run the MySQL query and pass it into an array;
write it to the new file;

But it is missing something, as it only writes the first line from the query.

my code so far is:

Code: <?php

//Delete Original File
...

//Set variables
$uName = "root";
$pWord = "password";
$host = "localhost";

$Query = "[i]...MySQL query...[/i]";

$Filename = str_replace('.php', '', basename("Report")) . '_' . date("Ymdhis") . '.csv';

$ReportFiles = "c:ReportFiles\";

$Newfile = $ReportFiles.$Filename;

$cr = "n";

//Create a new (empty) file
echo exec("<nul (set/p z=) > "$Newfile"");

//Run MySQL Query
$connection = mysql_connect($host, $uName, $pWord) ;
mysql_select_db("dbName", $connection) ;
$result = mysql_query ($Query, $connection);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM))
$String = implode(",",$row);
{

//Open file and save contents of query to that file
$fp = fopen($Newfile,"a");
if($fp){
fwrite($fp,$String.$cr);
fclose($fp);
echo "File saved successfully";
} else {
echo "Error saving file!";
}
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
239 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Weird problem with SELECT command..Help!
Hi!

It seems I'm having a really weird problem with SQL SELECT command....I have table into a

Filtering an Array Based on Value
I have a very simple script set up that pulls data from a database and is output using this code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in
hello,
i receive the error :Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:xamppxampphtdocsh

calculator
I can't figure out why this code doesn't work. No error messages. Page loads.

Code: <

Problem with DB connection
Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I'm new to PHP coding also. I wrote something that doesn't ma

[function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Okay I wrote this little script to upload a csv file that is located on my webhosts server to a mysq

What do you call the "token" thing?
You know how some sites have links that run on tokens? Tokens are links that only stay alive for a c

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

pagination - need help on passing of search query.
Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help

upload control not working with update panel
Hi,

I am working with Asp.Net FileUpload control with ajax update panel,

if i use the

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash