Rand() help needed


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

Can someone explain and give me a quick example of how I would go about this?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have 100 values in a database with colum headings of t_val and t_name. If I wanted to update all 100 of these with a rand number how would I do this?

Would I do something like this?
Code: [Select]t_val1 = rand(1,10);

What I want to do is have different variances in the rand as well. So ten would be rand(1,10) and the next ten would be rand(5,20) for example?

Many Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
150 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

image upload script not working with png
The basic process of this php code is to take the submitted file, convert it to a small JPG thumbnai

help with image upload code
Hello,

right now this code I have resizes images and then places them into the uploads folder

Coefficient of a Restitution Hints
Hello. I was wondering if anyone can give me hints on how to write this program...

The coeffi

Points for Wiki contribution
Hi everyone,

I want to know how long does it take for the moderator to award points for a

Question about GD library
I am trying to make an image that shows a random quote from my database.


However I want t

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=... not working as i thought it should
taken the following code from the php.net site the script is not working.

what is not happeni

Call db table from any PHP file
Hi,

I want to be able to call a database table that will be setup in another file called init

What am I missing here? Help!
Hello all!. I can't seem to get this working right. Well - it renders right, but something is goin

how do i make new line after *
First check this page here. and you see my report. Im pulling form a mysql db. I want to beable to m

Error when call dll from oracle
Hi all, please help me!

I have dll write C language, I want call it from oracle procedur

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash