Polymorphism

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Was wondering if someone could explain this a little better to me. I had always assumed that it had to do with method overloading or overriding(through inheritence).

The following wikipedia entry seems to indicate otherwise though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphism_in_object-oriented_programming

"Polymorphism is not the same as method overloading or method overriding. [1] Polymorphism is only concerned with the application of specific implementations to an interface or a more generic base class. Method overloading refers to methods that have the same name but different signatures inside the same class. Method overriding is where a subclass replaces the implementation of one or more of its parent's methods. Neither method overloading nor method overriding are by themselves implementations of polymorphism"

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
66 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

Forum tutorial
Im a beginner in PHP. Im making a forum(previous questbook, counter and few others) to learn. For no

Parse multirow HTML table
Hello all,
I have a site I am working on. Its a sports site and I am trying to add stats to a DB

newbie question about multiple queries
hi everyone,
I'm sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm young and trying to learn php on my

Not showing whole name with mail () script
I sent up a simple mail form with the PHP mail() script. One problem is when it sends an email with

apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

Solution to the FindControl problem
I have seen may posts about having problems with the FindControl method. Most seem to come about bec

Save User Inputs while javascript reloading!
hi..
i have written a PHP code in which i reload the page when user selects a value in dropdown..

Saving PHP output as a file
I wondered if anyone knows how to save the rendered output of a PHP script as a file?

I have

Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases
Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two datab

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash