Prevent PHP mail( ) from appending hostname to from address

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey guys,

I want to be able to send texts to phones via email (since each phone has their own address), and for specifying the from, I want to specify my own number, is there a way to do this?

For example:

Code: $from = '7785555555';
if(mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: $from"))
echo "Mail sent";
If I do this, the From in the email will be 7785555555@hostname.com. Is there any way I can send it so that it doesn't auto append the host name?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
194 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

HTML Form Server Side Validation
Hi, Im new here, im currently doing a website for a friend, and I have designed using snippets from

Calander Basic Spript help
hi, just starting out with PHP and have the following script:

<?php
//This gets t

Shuffle Array
Hi,

I am writing a script for a game that needs players to randomly be assigned a target (ano

Simultaneous select/update/insert
Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would

Need help with some php code :)
Hey! I'm quite new to this whole thing, so please don't fire me with shait on this one =D

I'm

Firewall / visited websites logger
Hi. I have a firewall implementation and I want to log all the websites visited on the machine. S

I need help on this PHP code
Hi everybody, I made some kind of mistake while editing the code below. As you see, at the 3 row my

Problem related to Creation of PDF File?
Hi All,
I am facing a problem related to creation pdf file. when I am creating a pdf file of do

Chat Box in PHP
I was thinking in doing a Chat Box in PHP. For that I would use a form with two fields, Nick and Mes

Certain files upload, while others do not
I want to read the data from an uploaded file. Not sure why, but it only uploads for certain files.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash