reading xml faster than DB call?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos selected from the most recently submitted ones, and displayed at the top of the page. I figured that if each person is asking for 3 photos every time the page loads, this will put strain on server load. My solution involves having a script generate an xml file of the 30 most recent photos every half hour, and then cycle through the xml on the actual page. Is this a better solution than making a db call, in terms of speed gained/efficiency? I dont have much experience with XML so I wouldn't know how fast parsing it in PHP would be compared to a database call.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
305 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Check Date/Time in PHP
What I need the code to check is that $reQuest is 24 hours in the past then return a time based on h

Help with email validation please...
Hi,
Please could you help.
I have a register.php login page where users register, the detail

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

how to get values from $_Post with onchange="form.submit();"?
Hi, I have a form that submit to itself with a file upload field and two other hidden field values.<

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

Multiple while loops
I have several DB queries that I know should be returning results and aren't. I have a feeling it ha

PHP doesn't send my mail
Hi all, I found this and used it to send mail. Simple contact form with some required fields. The va

Get to know your fellow coder
I think it's time we got personal around here. There's a lot of code swapping and a few members kno

Javascript form submit and radio buttons?
When this form is submitted, it is automatically resubmitted using JS.

All my fields are carr

disable all input buttons
Hello Friends,

suppose i do have a file ( file.php ) has a submit button

Code: [Sele

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash