Bit manipulation program with binary operations


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

Enter a binary number: 1

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
sum = 1 decimal 1 hex and 00000001 binary

Enter a binary number: 10

sum = 3 decimal 3 hex and 00000011 binary

etc.

I know that bit manipulation and input and output of strings is necessary to create this program, but I'm not experienced with either. The code I have compiles, but I am unable to make it do anything useful, and most of it is wrong. My do loop is probably wrong and I don't understand how to properly use bit manipulation. I'm rather clueless, can anyone give me some ideas on what to do next?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
#include "stdafx.h" #include "stdio.h" #include "math.h" #include "iostream" #include "string" using namespace std; int sum = 0; int i = 0; int c = 0; int Q; string binaryInput; int main() { cout << ("Enter a binary number: "); //Prompts the user for input cin >> binaryInput; //Writes the binary input to cin do { //do loop to read the binary one digit at a time i++; cout << binaryInput[i]; //I don't understand how to output a specific digit of the string and manipulate it c = binaryInput[i]; if (c = Q) break; else; sum = sum + c * 2 * i; // supposed to be sum = sum + binaryInput[i] * pow(2,i), this is where the binary is converted to decimal printf("nsum = %*d ", 3, sum); printf("decimal %*x " , 2, sum); printf("hex %08d binary", sum); } while (i
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
118 Like 11 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

how to remove in php string display
My code is $message="We're looking at developing our website."; $body= "My mess

Error in write byte array into document in SM58
Hi Gurus,

Getting the following error status in Transactional RFC (SM58) ..... *Error i

What are causes of a connection-timeout with fopen()?
Hello! Here is the situation: The server I host my website on just upgraded it's PHP build from 4.4.

Displaying different page content, depending on the logged in user.
Hi all, I am new to ASP.net (and web development in general), and have a question about how I can di

Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.
Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I

How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?
How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?

Let's say I have:

Secure FTP
Hi experts,
There is no SFTP action in MII workbench.
This means it needs developing custo

Error in Configure System Landscape Directory phase
Hi

We are getting the error in Configure SLD phase ( 41 of 44 phase).

Please f

How do I get the row number from from an sql table query
Hi all

I have a table that I query and it returns a number of rows.
mysql_num_rows($query)

Help with form post data and arrays
Hi all,

I am new to this forum... It has been awhile since i have worked with arrays, and i a

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash