Bit manipulation program with binary operations

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

Enter a binary number: 1

sum = 1 decimal 1 hex and 00000001 binary

Enter a binary number: 10

sum = 3 decimal 3 hex and 00000011 binary

etc.

I know that bit manipulation and input and output of strings is necessary to create this program, but I'm not experienced with either. The code I have compiles, but I am unable to make it do anything useful, and most of it is wrong. My do loop is probably wrong and I don't understand how to properly use bit manipulation. I'm rather clueless, can anyone give me some ideas on what to do next?

#include "stdafx.h" #include "stdio.h" #include "math.h" #include "iostream" #include "string" using namespace std; int sum = 0; int i = 0; int c = 0; int Q; string binaryInput; int main() { cout << ("Enter a binary number: "); //Prompts the user for input cin >> binaryInput; //Writes the binary input to cin do { //do loop to read the binary one digit at a time i++; cout << binaryInput[i]; //I don't understand how to output a specific digit of the string and manipulate it c = binaryInput[i]; if (c = Q) break; else; sum = sum + c * 2 * i; // supposed to be sum = sum + binaryInput[i] * pow(2,i), this is where the binary is converted to decimal printf("nsum = %*d ", 3, sum); printf("decimal %*x " , 2, sum); printf("hex %08d binary", sum); } while (i
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
118 Like 11 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Sharing PHP Sessions Across Domains
I am in the process of writing a script to share a php session across various domains I have.
The

pagination - need help on passing of search query.
Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help

how can i display php source code snippets ?
I am outputting some pho code .. and I want to display the source code so people can copy and paste

Delete records not in top 15
Hi,

I'm creating a hall of fame page in my game and the page will only display the top 15 sco

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Hit counter updating once per IP - IP HIT COUNTER
I have a hit counter, for the amount of views on a tutorial.
It'll do the query and then do..

mail()
Hi all. I have a problem with emails. I am trying to set up a mail system where customers can subscr

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

add 20 000 to the rowcnt
Hi ...
I need to add 20 000 to the row count but just cant find a way to do this i am new to php

News script
Hi ...

I am not sure if this is the rite place to post this but if its not sorry

i am

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash