Taylor Series Function


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So I am working a a project for my intro C++ class, and I am having some trouble with a function for approximating exp(x) using a taylor series. The taylor series approximations for exp(x) is: 1+x+((x^2)/2!)+((x^3)/3!+...., and I am supposed to approximate to "n" number of terms.

Thus far, my function is this:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
double fact(int c) { int factorial=1; for ( int i = 1; i <= c; i++ ) { factorial *=i; } return factorial; } double taylor(double x, int n) { double approx; double sum; double value; for (int i=1; i<=n; i++) { int factorial=1; factorial*=i; sum=((pow(x,i))/fact(i)); value+=sum; } approx = 1+value; return approx;

Now this does work if I just run it by itself, i.e. just do something like "cout << taylor(x,n)". But whenever I call this function within another function, it does not work! It is kinda hard to explain, but anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
197 Like 49 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

data type in column definition
Hi,
I create a table with column called "Direction of Travel code ".
The travel codes in t

please fix the error
What is the error in the below code ???
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php

Check something, wait, check again, do something!
Hi guys.

I wonder if someone can help me with this.

Basically, what I want to do is (

Dynamically set AccordianPane Header
I have an accordian on my master page. I'd like to be able to dynamically change the header on diff

Beginners syntax and loop questions - help please!
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with php code. I'm currently in the middle of learning php,

asp authentication problem
Hello all, I want to use the asp authentication (from asp.net configuration) in my web site. there

PHP and MySQL on intranet?
Is it possible to use both these on an intranet network?

Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas
Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added t

order by date not ID number help php
I am trying to orginize the following code to order by date not id number.
any help would be grea

Read from forum
Haven't written anything forever and I would like to get back.
What I'm trying to do is getting t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash