The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 by admin

When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environment, I receive the following error, can you help? --------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 7: using System.Web;
Line 8: using System.Web.Configuration;
Line 9: using System.ServiceModel.Syndication;
Line 10:
Line 11: ///

Source File: c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs Line: 9

------

A compilation error has occurred.
10/21/2009 12:41:46 AM
10/21/2009 6:41:46 AM
5b8c8a7bdc004b6c98dec8bddfba92bd
/LM/W3SVC/28/ROOT-22-129005809056781079
Full
/
C:HostingSpaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwroot
SOFTSERV7

w3wp.exe
NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE
HttpCompileException
c:hostingspaceslubumbasxxxxx.comwwwrootApp_CodeEntitiesBlog.cs(9): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
http://xxxxx.com/default.aspx
/default.aspx

False

False
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Other forums