Help pulling in 'id' with "read more" link


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm trying to create snippets of my articles in the cms I'm creating, and then have them redirect to to a single
page entry of the article. Right now my snippets and "read more" links are dynamic and working fine, when I
click on the "read more" link it redirects to the 'single page entry' page, but it always pulls up the article
with id=1, even if the link is from id=23, and the adressbar reads articles.php?id=23.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

How do I successfully pull up the corresponding id'd article?
any tips would be greatly appreciated!


Snippets:


Code: <?php
require("sources/connection.php");
$sql = "SELECT title, snippet, body_text, id FROM articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5" ;
$result = $conn->query($sql) or die(mysqli_error());
if($result){
while ($row = $result->fetch_object()){
echo "<h4>" . $row->title . "</h4>";
echo $row->snippet;
echo "</br>";
echo "<a href='/jquery/articles.php?id=" . "$row->id'";
echo ">< Read more ></a>";
}
}
?>

Articles:
Code: <?php

require("sources/connection.php");
$sql = "SELECT title, body_text, id FROM articles LIMIT 1" ;
$result = $conn->query($sql) or die(mysqli_error());
if($result){
$row = $result->fetch_object();
echo "<h4>" . $row->title . "</h4>";
echo $row->body_text;
}
?>

SQL:

Code: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `articles` (
`id` int(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`rel_id` int(20) NOT NULL,
`title` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`snippet` longtext NOT NULL,
`body_text` longtext NOT NULL,
`who_id` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`timestamp` int(20) NOT NULL,
`url` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;



Thanks in advance!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

how to validate date using javascript
I need to validate date in textbox using javascript..
The date is must be not greater than TODAY

Multiple upload and Resize
I would like some help on my script I have the for my index.php

////

<html&

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Creating Images from images in PHP
Okay well I am trying to make a 'dynamic' calender image with PHP.

I have images like this:

please hep to get values from a table row
can anyone tel me how I can select and get data from one row by pressing an Edit button in that row

Check before inserting in DB ???
This is my code
---------------
if ( $_POST ['Submit'])
{{
$username = $_POST ['usernm

Need help with basic sql
Hi,

I am using oracle 10g, and having some small doubts related to sql , here goes the si

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

New Search Engine problem
Hey everyone,

I have a ZIP Code Radius search engine already functional. it displays all of t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash