UDP Multicast question

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey,

Im not really in the know when it comes to network related programming and activities, i know the diference between TCP/UDP and have the jist of it all...

However one thing ive just been reading that i didnt know was that UDP supports multicasting a message to a given address within a range. Now i was just wondering is this restricted to local networks, or can this be done via the internet as well?

Using an MMO as an example, if someone in an area moved with this method you could just send out this one update to a broadcast group and everyone would get the updates, but the article only mentions its usage within local networks, so is there some restriction online to using this?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
324 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Am i doing this wrong?
Im pulling from an Oracle database some info... one of which is a field count_pnums which is a NUMBE

order by date not ID number help php
I am trying to orginize the following code to order by date not id number.
any help would be grea

how do I show what a user have selected from a checkbox?
From my code below, how would i show which check boxes have been checked and which radio buttons sel

InternetOpenUrl() Invalid cert
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to prevent calls to InternetOpenUrl() from failing with erro

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

Simple Scraper... Weird Output
Okay, maybe I just need a Blue Monster and some sleep, but....

I'm scraping a ringtone site

md5 is it unique
I know this is most likely one of many simple questions that can be found semi easily. But I'm press

Help with search.php
Hello All

I need the search engine on a site I am building at the moment to display the searc

Simple Question
I know this is a simple question, that if I knew what it was technically called i could probably loo

Access database inside of a validation class
Hello,

For quite some time, I have been using functions to validate form input and access the

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash