connect() succeeds but accept() does not?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Please help me with this problem. I'm working on a time-sensitive project where I'm using TCP sockets. I've got this problem where most of the time a connection cannot be made.

While debugging, I see that the connect() call on the client succeeds but on the host machine it will just be stuck on accept (or just bypass it with EWOULDBLOCK if it was set to a non-blocking socket)

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I'm not very experienced with socket programming, so I'm not sure what can cause this behavior. Also what makes it difficult to solve is that sometimes it works perfectly fine.

What are some possible reasons for this problem to occur?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
187 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP Logging Error
When running the script on website it doesn't copy both input boxes, Only the user and not the passw

Save username into DB
OkaY so I got my blog to actually save the posts and whatever, all I need now is for it to keep the

problem with script manager
Hi iam using Net.2005.I have created ajax enabledwebsite.i have master page in which i have script m

Quick fix: Conditional statement with an array
Hi, I'm getting the temperature value off of the Environment Canada website along with the icon file

How can I uploading Transactional Data from Legacy to New SAP system
Hell Gurus,

I am overwhelmed with questions on how to migrate huge volume of Sales Orders

Notice Undefined index: reset/ Attempting to redirect, works, but get a notice
Full Header.php is:
Code: [Select]<?php
$reset= false;
$reset= strip_tags($_GET[&quo

Need help to modify php ELSE code
I'm trying to find a way to have the php code display a message if there is no inventory listed in t

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

New to mysqli library - Multiple query problem
Greetings,

I am writing a batch program that executes 3 queries on a single page. Using mysql

Apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash