MFC GUI Programming


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am working on a project right now that requires me to create a MFC Windows GUI. Basically it needs to be able to pop up after hitting a button from another main application which would also be a GUI ( The main window).

I have some idea how to do this but am not for sure. I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I am unsure if I am doing it the right way.

Anybody have any suggestion on how I should approach the set up. Basically it needs to be a child GUI that attaches to a main application GUI when a button is pressed to launch it. This child gui will be calling functions or passing information to and from the main application.

Should I create a project with a CWinApp and CFrameWnd for this GUI or should I create just a .dll with only Dialogs for the GUI ( I can't run the second one to test).

I'm confused at the moment and the book I have is not to helpful...on how I should approach the set up.

Thank you...
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
210 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

how to validate date using javascript
I need to validate date in textbox using javascript..
The date is must be not greater than TODAY

How to use php and sql to check if values match the ones in a table (for logins)
How would I code it that the script takes two variables that are passed to it (UserID and PIN), and

Hi, explode and strstr.
Hi, I seem to be confused about the strstr function, eg. i have a string like:
"a.b.c.d.e.f&

Problems with returning true or false in eval()'d code
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help with a problem when running eval() on a function that sho

Echoing ASCII code
I have a php page that splits a string into chars and then echoes the ASCII code for each char. I'm

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Shopping Cart
Can anyone direct me to a Simple, Basic structure of a shopping cart.
New to classes. I want to s

asking for direction
I have 2 tables in my data, which are "post" and "event"
I won't make a summa

matching numbers inside ( )
I know I can match numbers by just [0-9]+, so I thought matching numbers inside ( ) would be somethi

Is it possible to view php source code??
Hi All

I was just wondering if it's possible to view a websites php source code?
I know

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash