image upload, resize THEN submit form

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok so I have a form that requires the user to upload an image, and then do something with that image (using some ajax scripts), then fill out the rest of the form and submit. I have the upload script pretty much working, my problem is that I need to store the uploaded images temporarily just in case the user decides not to submit the form

Here's the process I would need:
1) Form loads
2) User fills out form
3) User uploads image (php + ajax)
a) image is resized to a large and thumbnail image using imagecopyresampled()
b) fullsize and thumbnail images should be stored in a temporary location ??
4) Image is dynamically displayed in the form after upload and resize (using some jQuery/ajax magic)
5) User performs some action to the uploaded image (using jQuery/ajax)

At this point, the user can submit the completed form, at which time a php script will will move the temporary (resized) fullsize and thumbnail images from the temp location to a permanent location on the server, and if the file saving succeeds, then it will write the form data to a MySQL server.

BUT if the user doesn't submit the form, I need the temporary files to be deleted.

Normally this would be handled by the temporary files being stored by the $_FILES array, but since I have to resize them after upload, the $_FILES["upload"]["tmp_name"] is automatically deleted after I resize it.

Please suggest an alternative solution. As I said, the upload script is done. It can upload and resize the images, but I need a way to store the images temporarily until the form is submitted.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
163 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Hashing?
Hi, I was hoping to take a string value then convert it - consistently - across each of our pages in

mysql select with $_get ?
Hi, i have this code:
Code: // If char id is 0 and character dont exist do:
if ($_GET["id

Form Help
Here is the form:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract<? include("../include/sess

form problem
Hi all, I think this is going to be easy to resolve but for I have been looking at it to long and I

mysql_query returning boolean instead of mysql ressource
Hi,

I seem to have a weird issue with the php command mysql_query. I pass 2 arguments the que

Help: problem with Headers to download PDF file
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a script where when a user clicks a link he gets a PDF file to op

replacements
I have a variable in my PHP script like

ASSFDDDDDDDDDDDDDASDDDDDDDDARYTRHKKHHHHHHHHHHH and p

problems with php variables in mysql query
i can't seem to get the following query to work.

select $q1c from $vote_rate where id = $re

Interpret Order
Hello all,

I'm wondering if I have this:

Code: $switch = array(
'one' =>

Anti Spam Code Problems
Ok where do i start? Probably by telling you I have very little working knowledge of PHP and that I

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash