image upload, resize THEN submit form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok so I have a form that requires the user to upload an image, and then do something with that image (using some ajax scripts), then fill out the rest of the form and submit. I have the upload script pretty much working, my problem is that I need to store the uploaded images temporarily just in case the user decides not to submit the form

Here's the process I would need:
1) Form loads
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
2) User fills out form
3) User uploads image (php + ajax)
a) image is resized to a large and thumbnail image using imagecopyresampled()
b) fullsize and thumbnail images should be stored in a temporary location ??
4) Image is dynamically displayed in the form after upload and resize (using some jQuery/ajax magic)
5) User performs some action to the uploaded image (using jQuery/ajax)

At this point, the user can submit the completed form, at which time a php script will will move the temporary (resized) fullsize and thumbnail images from the temp location to a permanent location on the server, and if the file saving succeeds, then it will write the form data to a MySQL server.

BUT if the user doesn't submit the form, I need the temporary files to be deleted.

Normally this would be handled by the temporary files being stored by the $_FILES array, but since I have to resize them after upload, the $_FILES["upload"]["tmp_name"] is automatically deleted after I resize it.

Please suggest an alternative solution. As I said, the upload script is done. It can upload and resize the images, but I need a way to store the images temporarily until the form is submitted.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
163 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Open browser page depending on XML results
Hello,

I have some PHP code that sends webbased from data to an external url ( in the form of

CE 7.1 and External GIS integration
Hi All,

We want to develop an application on CE 7.1 which uses GIS features from an exter

Adding to an Int row in db
Hi, i have a database which houses all of the users of my site. One of the columns is for points whi

Add 5 to a variable when a button is clicked, and re-run a for loop
So I'm making a feedback sort of section on a website with MySQL and PHP, I've gotten the script to

Calling All PHPFREAKS Blackberry Users
Are you a member of PHPFreaks and have a blackberry? Well RIM just recently released Blackberry Mes

Using system() and bringing back the results
I am aware that you can use system() within PHP to execute system commands, but I was wondering if t

dropdown box help - open php files to textarea
Hi, I am using tinymce to edit content located in several php files. The code I attached works but i

Extract text from string
Hi folks,

I have a string that looks like this:

aaaaaaaaaa:
bbbbbbbbbb (ccccccccc)

I need some help with the IF command...
I have a large number of images in one section of my website with the .jpg format. I'm adding a bun

update 2 columns by doing inner 2-column query
Hi,
is something like this possible?

update contract_all set col1,col2 =
(

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash