Remove letter from numeric textbox


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a textbox that will search the employee database by entering in the employee ID and it will return the result on the same page.

Query
Code: if(isset($_GET['findagentid']) && $_GET['findagentid']<>""){
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$emp_id = $_GET['findagentid'];

mysql_select_db($database_cnccoems, $cnccoems);
$query_rsagentquery1 = "SELECT tblEmployees.employee_pdl_mgr_id, tblManagerOverrides.manager_id, tblEmployees.employee_first_name, tblEmployees.employee_last_name, tblEmployees.employee_id FROM tblEmployees LEFT JOIN tblManagerOverrides ON tblEmployees.employee_id = tblManagerOverrides.employee_id WHERE tblEmployees.employee_id LIKE '%$emp_id%' ";
$rsagentquery1 = mysql_query($query_rsagentquery1, $cnccoems) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsagentquery1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsagentquery1);
$totalRows_rsagentquery1 = mysql_num_rows($rsagentquery1);

if(!is_null($row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'])){
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'];
}
else
{
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['employee_pdl_mgr_id'];
}
}
Form
Code: <form method="get" id="agentretrieval" action="callDetail1.php">
<table align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><div align="right">Find Agent Info :</div></td>
<td><div align="left"><input type="text" name="findagentid" id="findagentid" class="textboxstyle" size="10" maxlength="7" /> (Digits Only)</div><div class="accenttext"><?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("NS_data", "flagentTID"); ?></div> <div align="left"><input type="submit" class="button1" name="findagentbutton" id="findagentbutton" value="Find" /></div></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
This works great if entering in digits only like 845787 as they are stored in the database like 00845787. Problem I have is that the ID's are sometimes retrieved by users from another DB with a letter infront of the numbers (eg t845787 or x845787) in one database, but the one I retrieve from has no letter in front.

Hard to explain. Basically Im trying to accomplish this. They can put t845787 in the text box, hit search and it will strip off the t or x from the ID and search the database.

Did I explain that right? Can't figure this out
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
88 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

adding up might be solved tell us cheers.
i think i finally solved this anybody.

last time i was getting the wrong results.

Code

Hotlinking Picasa as the image folder of a website
Hi there PHP freaks, I would like to create a private album in Picasa to use it as the image folder

Rounding a number queried from a database
I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would

Batch Related Pricing
Hi, I need some clarity on the batch related pricing

For example the following are the b

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

Program with calculate Meteorologic measurements
Hello I'm a beginner and I want to make a program with calculate Meteorologic measurements:
ba

Passing an array of values From VB6.0 to Oracle PL/SQL Function
Basically we are using VB6.0.

When we try to pass an array from VB6.0 to an Oracle PL/SQL

Connection Timeout
I'm using xmii 12.0

I'm calling a transaction as a web service from a windows application

$_FILES array
Ok,

I just started experimenting with PHP today. My goal right now is to have people be able

Must-Know Topics of PHP
Can you guys list the must-know topics of PHP. I am still a learner and I am trying to cover most of

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash