Remove letter from numeric textbox

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a textbox that will search the employee database by entering in the employee ID and it will return the result on the same page.

Query
Code: if(isset($_GET['findagentid']) && $_GET['findagentid']<>""){
$emp_id = $_GET['findagentid'];

mysql_select_db($database_cnccoems, $cnccoems);
$query_rsagentquery1 = "SELECT tblEmployees.employee_pdl_mgr_id, tblManagerOverrides.manager_id, tblEmployees.employee_first_name, tblEmployees.employee_last_name, tblEmployees.employee_id FROM tblEmployees LEFT JOIN tblManagerOverrides ON tblEmployees.employee_id = tblManagerOverrides.employee_id WHERE tblEmployees.employee_id LIKE '%$emp_id%' ";
$rsagentquery1 = mysql_query($query_rsagentquery1, $cnccoems) or die(mysql_error());
$row_rsagentquery1 = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsagentquery1);
$totalRows_rsagentquery1 = mysql_num_rows($rsagentquery1);

if(!is_null($row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'])){
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['manager_id'];
}
else
{
$manager_id=$row_rsagentquery1['employee_pdl_mgr_id'];
}
}
Form
Code: <form method="get" id="agentretrieval" action="callDetail1.php">
<table align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><div align="right">Find Agent Info :</div></td>
<td><div align="left"><input type="text" name="findagentid" id="findagentid" class="textboxstyle" size="10" maxlength="7" /> (Digits Only)</div><div class="accenttext"><?php echo $tNGs->displayFieldError("NS_data", "flagentTID"); ?></div> <div align="left"><input type="submit" class="button1" name="findagentbutton" id="findagentbutton" value="Find" /></div></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
This works great if entering in digits only like 845787 as they are stored in the database like 00845787. Problem I have is that the ID's are sometimes retrieved by users from another DB with a letter infront of the numbers (eg t845787 or x845787) in one database, but the one I retrieve from has no letter in front.

Hard to explain. Basically Im trying to accomplish this. They can put t845787 in the text box, hit search and it will strip off the t or x from the ID and search the database.

Did I explain that right? Can't figure this out

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
88 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

if else problem, help please
i have this script that i made only i try to also put in a if else for for some reason the script is

Php - mysql store data and use it later?
Hi, i' making a login page at the moment, however my username + password is stored many different pl

HTAccess auto log in?
Hi all.

Too busy driving celebs about lately so I hope someone here can help me out.

I

reading xml faster than DB call?
I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos

Unique Visitor Tracking
Hello. Currently, I run a voting site where voters are tracked by their IP address and can only vote

Code error with Index.php
Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/runevid/public_

Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.
Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I

On page view, minus credit
Hello all, please, I need a little help with this script. I am charging one credit (credits can be p

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

$_FILES array
Ok,

I just started experimenting with PHP today. My goal right now is to have people be able

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash