Preloading images

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Posting this question here because I am not sure where this should belong.I am building an asp.net ajax web site with lots of media elements and I would like to make my image loading work smoother. I have an aspx page where I have 1 - 70 thumbnail pictures. Those are Imagebutton controls generated by code actually. Then I have some clientside javascript code behind those thumbnails, which is used to load the real image into an image control when a thubmnail is clicked. document.getElementById("Image1").src = "MediaHandler.ashx?mediaid=" + imageidSo I am using an imagehandler file to return images from database. Large images are opened in a modal popup and user can browse images with next and previous buttons within this modalpopup. I actually have 3 asp:Image controls on my page. One for that image user has selected, this is the only image which is visible on the modal popup, other image controls are hidden from the user. I am loading previous and next images to these other two image controls. So when a user is browsing to the next image, the image is not downloading from database, but is retrieved from the other image control with client side code.
I am wondering if it is possible to preload all the images somehow. Like I said there can be up to 70 images on one page, but usually there is about 10 images. Image sizes are between 150 and 300 KB.
Should I put more image controls on the page and load more images into them, or could I use javascript preloader? Or is there an asp.net server side control for this purpose? Should I preload first 10 images which are most commonly used and leave those other images to be loaded later when user is trying to access them?
I know it might be hard to understand what I mean, but I am after general ideas rather than an exact solution.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
144 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

what does this mean? +=
is anyone able to explain what this code is saying?

i had it written for me awhile back and n

using a loop help
Hi guys , i need some help. I have this loop :
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($Result)) { ?&

Keep newlines from textarea?..
I'm creating a simple encoding program, and what I want it to do is retain the newlines, as echoing

insert/update functions for mysql, what do you think?
I am working on two really simple functions that automatically generate (and execute) insert and upd

Cursor statement failed with errors
Following statement failed with the errors.

cursor proj_cursor1 is (select projectID from

rename the file
File.txt

Code: ***DOCUMENT***
..DN:
..CB:
..SN:
..PY:
..E

Material xxx does not exist in plant xxx
Dear All,

I am working for a steel project which is repetitive manufacturing.

Good Programming and Web Design Books
Hi,

I recived a pm today from a fellow phpfreaker regarding php books, i replied with the fo

Final year project, please point me in the right direction
hi there for my final year project I'm aiming to build a php script shell to use as an expert system

Values disappear from my array :( HELP!
hey all, I have a lil mysql/php/apache script that queries a database
and pulls put 5 integers.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash