Random Number Generation And Probability


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I am working on a function which has to insert data into a SQL table.

we have to supply the function with number of entry needs to be inserted into the database and the work of the function is to insert the entry into SQL in such a way that 30% of the entry have their type(a column in my db) as 'a' , 20% as 'b' , 40% as 'c' and rest 10% as 'd'.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Is there any way i can do this? Do I need to run 4 while loops?

Thanks.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
347 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

array ...
hi
Code: function formatCategories($categories, $parentId)
{
// $navCat stores all child

check if value exists
I have googled this for a while and I am getting lots of different results. Is there a standard meth

help understanding hidden input w/ php
hello i'm doing a tutorial where there are multiple forms for an edit page for a user to update thei

re calling a function without including file
Hi,
i am new to programming in php, i was just checking the wordpress code and found out in the w

Local file browser with php
Halo..

So this is what i want to create. I have a folder that i share and it has many movies.

frame help
on the bottom frame is menu.html

Code: <body><form action='link.php' met

how make 2 column in table with data tybe long row
hi every one

I want make in my table 2 column with data tybe long raw

how thi

phpmailer class & pop.gmail.com?
Code: <?php
$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->Host = "pop.gmail.com";

Multiple upload and Resize
I would like some help on my script I have the for my index.php

////

<html&

Got A Free Server :(
So I was given a free server

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Compaq%20ProLiant%201500%20Server:1

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash