Curly Bracket Delimeters.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'd always believed that the starting and ending delimeters in preg_ functions had to be the same character, but recently discovered that you can use the curly brackets.

Example:
Code: [Select]if(preg_match('{[0-9]}', $input)) {
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I was just wondering if there was any disadvantage/advantage of using this method?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
195 Like 29 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

whats wrong with my code please help!!!
this is the error


Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link res

get url?
how do i get the url of the page i'm currently on, on my website.. i think its get header.. how do i

Using mysql_real_escape_string for displayed content
On my website users can input data into a textarea and it will store it in the mysql database. But,

Limiting uploaded file type
I am working on a simple upload script, and I need it to limit the allowed file type that is uploade

WORDPRESS - Multiple Loops Only Going to One Post?
I have various pages with multiple loops and i need them to be individual to all other categories.

The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'
When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environmen

Developing Ajax-enabled ASP.Net applications for the iPhone
I would like to develop Ajax web applications using Visual Studio that are optimized for the iPhone.

Export hangs
Hi all, please help

I have a Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 database. When I want to query the dba_segmen

Output Full URL of Current Page
Let's say I am currently viewing a dynamic page:

http://www.mydomain.com/directory/index.php

Parse multirow HTML table
Hello all,
I have a site I am working on. Its a sports site and I am trying to add stats to a DB

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash