Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I am coding a registration form. I ask the user a Yes/No question. Depending on the answer I have an Include () bring in the coding for the next step of the registration process, which also has a Yes/No question. I am using submit buttons for the user to give me the answers.

The first $_POST Function / switch () works and will include () the proper coding. The second $_POST Function / switch () does not work.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Both are essentially the same coding with just the variable name changed.

This is the coding used:

<form action="register.php" method="post" name="regForm" id="regForm">
//
HTML in between, input user first name / last name
//
(This works)

// Asking if user is a real estate agent

<?php

$agent = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['agent']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['agent'] = " ";
}

?>

<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Are you a licensed Florida real estate agent?



// This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$agent = $_POST['agent'];

switch( $agent ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_3.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_2.php");
break;
}

?>

Once the above Yes/No is executed it brings in:

(This does not work)

// Asking if user want to sign up for foreclosure list

<?php

$forlst = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['forlst']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['forlst'] = " ";
}

?>
<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Would you like to receive our weekly foreclosure list (by email)



//This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$forlst = $_POST['forlst'];

switch( $forlst ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
}

?>

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to some how clear the POST before I use the function again? If so, how do I do it?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
103 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

insert quotes
Hi,

I have an output like this:
Code: john,18,Cancer
How can I change this to
Code:

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

I need help with formatting date from mysql! with php!
Hello guys

*Note: this is a php question not MySQL question, please do not move it to mysql s

Secure pages Sessions vs. Cookies & session_destroy() help
Im new here and new to PHP, I hope you can help me with some questions.

Im writing my web ap

PHP and Javascript
Hi Guys,

Im trying to load the contents of an html file into a text area for editing, this is

If statement help please.
Hello on my site I have 2 content boxes. 1 is for the main content (which is the biggest one) and th

Help Optimizing code
Good Morning,

I wrote a small import function for a website of mine and I know there has to b

split values
I have values that are returned to me in this format:

name=>test,age=>49

unoconv doc convert to pdf code prob
PHP/5.3.1

Hi. I am trying to use this code to convert docs to .pdf utilizing unoconv. Howe

Working with Global Variables
hi, I'm not really sure why the following code is returning a "Call to a member function getBan

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash