Basic Forum Tutorial

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I'm new to PHP. I want to build a basic forum for my site using PHP and MySQL. I've searched the 'net, but every tutorial I found the writer seems to get 'too technical' after a few steps. I try my best to keep up, but it gets very frustrating for a beginner.

I'm looking for a tutorial that will instruct me with just the basics, remember, I'm just a beginner. I want a basic tutorial that will instruct me on how to build the database/tables, how to link the tables, pages, etc. I was referred to this site, but was not able to find a tutorial for a basic forum.

As an FYI, I do not want to download and insert a third-party forum app. I want to be able to write the code from scratch, install it, tear it apart, break it, and then rebuild it. This would be the best way for me to understand the workings of a forum, build from it, and move forward with my new found knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
133 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Match stored value with the current value in a loop
Hello,

I have a MySQL db were I store articles in.

I have a form to fill these article

Open browser page depending on XML results
Hello,

I have some PHP code that sends webbased from data to an external url ( in the form of

Parse multirow HTML table
Hello all,
I have a site I am working on. Its a sports site and I am trying to add stats to a DB

Install page
How do I make it so when a user submits information on the Install page, it'll right it into the cor

Ajax Issues - Update Panel / Timer. Intellisense doesn't know about them
Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' does not have a public property named 'UpdatePanel'. That is wha

Problem with HTML form
Hello,

I made a HTML form with some fields and check box.
Everything works fine except whe

Solution Manager BPR
Does the SolMan-BPR-ARIS-Integration (http://www.ids-scheer.com/en/ARIS/ARIS_Platform/ARIS_Business_

Problems with returning true or false in eval()'d code
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help with a problem when running eval() on a function that sho

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

Need help in Generating Combinations
Need help generating all possible combination of names in an array

Lets say i have the follow

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash