Hyperlink is adding an extra gap to variable

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, here's my problem..

I have a php generated page with a hyperlink which opens in a new window

echo "<tr><td><a onclick="window.open('http://www.***.com/page/options.php?user_id=$user_id&session_id=$session_id','options','width=590,height=200,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,statusbar=no,directories=no,menubar=no,location=no');return false;" href="">$user_id</a></td></tr>";

The problem occurrs at options.php?user_id=$user_id

The resulting hyperlink on the generated page adds a space to the user id after the "="

So when options.php loads.. it results in the user's id having an extra %20 at the beginning of their name

Example..

The first page links to this.. http://www.***.com/page/options.php?user_id= Eejut&session_id=12345

When options.php loads it prints..

"This is %20Eejut's Options Page"

I've tried using trim($user_id) before printing the hyperlink to the main page (that calls options.php) and the space still occurrs in the hyperlink

Anyone know what's going wrong?? thanks in advance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
149 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SESSION question
I am building an application , a directory for auctions.
For SEO i made a script which copies a p

Redistributing dependent dlls
Hai all ,

I have created an application in VC++ using VS2008 in a development machine which r

Wordpress IE issue
So I am trying to add the background shadow to my wordpress page. It works fine in Firefox but does

PHP Redirecting
Hello everyone. Is there a way to redirect people to pages within a statement in PHP? Since there is

Multiple Do / While Statements?
I'm still very new to PHP, and running in to a problem when trying to execute a do/while loop inside

$action = "insert"; //$action = $_GET['action'];
$action = "insert";
//$action = $_GET['action'];

why is this invalid type? I am

mail()
Hi all. I have a problem with emails. I am trying to set up a mail system where customers can subscr

Pagination
Hi All,

I think I'm finally getting somewhere with pagination!

I can now submit a quer

Displaying image pathname instead of image
Hello

Im trying to upload and then display images from a mysql database - Its only basic and

upload only text files
hi guys i want to upload only text like like (pdf,note pad and ofiice files) so can any one please t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash