first id from db not showing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a php script which displays the content of a mysql table as a html table with sorting, delete/update button, etc. the problem is I can't make it show the first value inserted in the db, it only shows from the second id onwards, example:

instead of :

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
ID Surname Name
1 Test John
2 Test Anna

it shows:

ID Surname Name
2 Test Anna
3 Test Jorge

omitting the first id in the db

"index.php"
Code: <?php
include("connect.php");

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM contact");
$id = mysql_result($result,$i,"id");

echo "<table border='1' class='rowstyle-alternate'>
<tr>
<th> </th>
<th> </th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>ID</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Surname</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Name</th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>Phone1</th>
<th class='sortable-numeric'>Phone2</th>
<th class='sortable-text'>Location</th>
</tr>";

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>" . "<a href="delete.php?id=$id">Delete</a>" . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . "<a href="update.php?id=$id">Update</a>" . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['id'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['surname'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['name'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone1'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone2'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['location'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

mysql_close();
?>

"delete.php"

Code: <?php
$id = $_GET['id'];
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Do you want to delete this?</title>
</head>
<body>
<div align="center">
<h2>Do you want to delete this?</h2>
<h2><a href="deleted.php?id=<?php echo "$id" ?>">Yes</a> - <a href="index.php">No</a></h2>
</div>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
154 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Quick fix: Conditional statement with an array
Hi, I'm getting the temperature value off of the Environment Canada website along with the icon file

Escape Latin Characters
I need to escape latin characters in an xml doc. Example: "é" is escaped to "é". I thoug

Using Curl_multi for processing multiple URLs
Hi,

I am at a loss as to how to implement this. I would like to be able to automatically assi

Hyperlink is adding an extra gap to variable
Hi, here's my problem..

I have a php generated page with a hyperlink which opens in a new win

Consuming third party Payment Gateway API from Procedure.
Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank all the people of the oracle forum for providi

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

sendmail code suddenly not working
Hi Guys, I maintain 3 sites (including my own) I use the following code from a french webmaster that

Appending GET data with form submition
Okay, what I'm trying to do is to use a form to append an already existing GET data string.

I

Multiple Options for a Single Page
For this example I want to use the Handlers option which is under Fed Admin and all the related codi

Need help in log in and log out?
hi there all of u. i have recently created a site for someone. i have placed log in and log out and

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash