Help with captcha script needed

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I am working on a script where reCAPTCHA or a similar form of CAPTCHA will be used, for the sake of this example I will talk about reCAPTCHA. I wanted to know how I could have the reCAPTCHA script store a value upon correctly entering a code that will be used by a different script to allow on to proceed?

A snippet of the reCAPTCHA code which will be located in a file called recaptcha.php.

Code: (text) if ($resp->is_valid) {
[b] $captcha = "1";
# in a real application, you should send an email, create an account, etc[/b]
} else {
# set the error code so that we can display it. You could also use
# die ("reCAPTCHA failed"), but using the error message is
# more user friendly
$error = $resp->error;
}
}

I bolded the part of interest, how would I be able to use a variable like

Code: (text) $captcha = "1";
In a completely different file that is called login.php to allow one to login if the captcha is correct? The value would only be needed for that session of course. I want to use this method because the captcha script might be used in multiple locations so I figure this route would be easier and allow for quicker modifications than have the script called each time in different files for instance.

The only alternative I can think of is using MySQL or local files to store the answer but that won't be very logical for a script that could have hundreds of requests an hour.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Email Script does not reach destination
Hey Guys look at this code snippet :
Code:
//read a line from the file

$myFile = "

Question about the upload of large files
Hi there,

I have a question about the upload of large files, like videos (files generally abo

PHP XML extraction text
I would like to extract an xml text and have that text directly echo(print) out on my web page. Her

DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION
Hi gurus,

I got a dump when I run one of my program. the dump is described below:

LOOPing Problem
Hello All!

The following code loops through the data and displays the data accordingly. My p

Firewall / visited websites logger
Hi. I have a firewall implementation and I want to log all the websites visited on the machine. S

Last character removed
I have created a string from an array. I have inserted commas from my form values. I am trying to re

Simpler method of getting variables from mysql
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to

Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases
Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two datab

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash