Gridview Not updating in Update Panel


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a gridview, three dropdown list boxes, and a button on my form. What is displayed in the gridview depends on the values entered in the dropdown list boxes. The button calls a stored procedure that inserts a record into the table behind the gridview. I have an AsyncPostBack set up on the button click, but the gridview will not update when the button is clicked. I've tried moving the button into the update panel and also moving the three dropdown list boxes into the update panel, but it still doesn't work. One concern with having the three dropdown list boxes in the update panel is that I don't want them to refresh on the button click. I need them to remain at the same values they were at when the button was clicked. Does anyone know what I'm missing here? Thanks.
VB Codeview plaincopy to clipboardprint?Imports System.Data.SqlClient Imports Microsoft.SqlServer.Server Imports System.Configuration Partial Class IG_Maintain Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim conn As New SqlConnection() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand() 'getting connection string from Web.config conn.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("DatabaseConnectionString2").ConnectionString cmd.Connection = conn 'stored procedure for data insert cmd.CommandText = "insert_goal" cmd.CommandType = Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure 'Pass parameters required by the stored procedure cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@unitdd", DropDownList3.Text) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@yeardd", DropDownList1.Text) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ignumdd", DropDownList2.Text) Dim errorcode As Integer = 0 Try conn.Open() cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() Catch ex As Exception errorcode = 1 Response.Write(ex) Finally conn.Close() End Try If errorcode = 0 Then 'Response.Redirect("IG_Maintain.aspx") End If End Sub Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load End Sub End Class Imports System.Data.SqlClientImports Microsoft.SqlServer.ServerImports System.ConfigurationPartial Class IG_Maintain Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim conn As New SqlConnection() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand() 'getting connection string from Web.config conn.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("DatabaseConnectionString2").ConnectionString cmd.Connection = conn 'stored procedure for data insert cmd.CommandText = "insert_goal" cmd.CommandType = Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure 'Pass parameters required by the stored procedure cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@unitdd", DropDownList3.Text) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@yeardd", DropDownList1.Text) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ignumdd", DropDownList2.Text) Dim errorcode As Integer = 0 Try conn.Open() cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() Catch ex As Exception errorcode = 1 Response.Write(ex) Finally conn.Close() End Try If errorcode = 0 Then 'Response.Redirect("IG_Maintain.aspx") End If End Sub Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load End SubEnd Class
ASP code with update panelview plaincopy to clipboardprint?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
112 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help making a blockquote and line items conditional
I have some code I bought a few years ago that allows my clients to update content on their site usi

Forms Authentication and Refresh at Login page
Hello, When I try to press the Login button in my webapplication at my login.aspx page nothing h

Namespace Problem
I'm having problem with a section of code with a variable namespace.

This code works fine:

need help in creating captcha
hi i have a problem creating captcha system. i create some basic script for image displaying but it

PHP File Upload Problem
Hi, I have written a very simple file upload script but it fails for reasons I can't explain. Hope

Problem assigning value to variable in "IF" function
Does this script makes sense? I am trying to take the value that is set to "authenticat" a

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

Onclick problem in Firefox
Hi,
I am using a . It doesn't seem to

Rss feed question
Hi

My blog and my website are different. Am i able to take my rss feed
from my blog and p

Displaying image from database
Hi,

I've got a site where that's got a database behind it. Currently it has loads of items in

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash