Staff Induction System - No idea where to go from here!!!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right direction with this problem I have.

I am trying to set up a system induct new members of staff onto their training programme.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
First I have created a table 'induction_course_dates' of all the course dates and induction_course_titles of all the different courses.

These are the 2 queries I have made on the database


///////////////////////// Make the course title query //////////////////////////////
$q_courses = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_titles";
$result_courses = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_courses);
$row_courses = mysqli_fetch_array($result_courses);


///////////////////////// Make the course date query //////////////////////////////
$q_date = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_dates WHERE DATE(course_date)>='$today' AND course='$courseID' ORDER BY course_date ASC LIMIT 4";
$result_date = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_date);
$row_date = mysqli_fetch_array($result_date);

Obviously in the second query '$courseID' does not have a value so won't actually return anything but I don't know how to loop it through all of the induction_course_titles id's.

For example if it the query read...

///////////////////////// Make the course date query //////////////////////////////
$q_date = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_dates WHERE DATE(course_date)>='$today' AND course='2' ORDER BY course_date ASC LIMIT 4";
$result_date = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_date);
$row_date = mysqli_fetch_array($result_date);

...then this would return the results I'm looking for but there are 25 different courses.


I want the final output to appear as below

The user will select a date from the next four available

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>Course 1</td>
<td>
<select name="select" id="select">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Course 2</td>
<td><select name="select2" id="select2">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Course 3</td>
<td><select name="select3" id="select3">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" /></td>
</tr>
</table>

Can anybody help?!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
51 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Checking if a process is running (problems including psapi.dll i think...)
Ok, so all I'm trying to do is check if a program is running...

I've found out that I nee

cURL and Sessions
Ohai.

So, I'm trying to cURL a bunch of things off of a page, and put them into a session. I'

What am I missing here? Help!
Hello all!. I can't seem to get this working right. Well - it renders right, but something is goin

Need help making a script that moves data into acrhive table
Hi,

I'm kinda new to php/mysql

And i wrote a simple script to store sales lead for a b

PHP Code reffering to database, doing something wrong.. pls help
Well i am quite new with PHP
and for school we have to make a PHP script which reffers to a Data

code help - pagination
Hi all, I have this code, basically a user logs into my site and they get this page.

The pro

how to get sn motherboard
Hello.
I want to get serial number motherboard, cpu and else hardware.
Can You show me sam

Echoing a Variable from a Object
How do I get a variable from the new User Class to echo out in this clasS?

class MyApp
{

Is there a quick way to do this?
Hi all,

I need to create a mysql table from php that goes a little something like this

Is STL important?
I'm just starting programming and I've made it until the Standart Template Library. But the chapter

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash