Javascript using window.location seems to lose state


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Not sure what forum so let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I have a main window with a ajax grid that has a column of links that uses javascript and window.location to go to another page to show check stub information. When I use the backbutton on the browser everything persists on main window. Ok so far. If I navigate to the window with the show check stub information, there is a 'Print' button that again thru javascripts prints the grid with the check info on it. (Code I got of the internet with some minor changes I made).view plaincopy to clipboardprint?function Print() { var curVisible = true; var grid_obj = document.getElementById('<%= grdVoucherDetail.ClientID %>'); for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } if (grid_obj != null) { var new_window = window.open('print.html'); //print.html is just a dummy page with no content in it. new_window.document.write(grid_obj.outerHTML); new_window.document.close(); new_window.focus(); new_window.print(); new_window.close(); } curVisible = false; for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } } function Print() { var curVisible = true; var grid_obj = document.getElementById('<%= grdVoucherDetail.ClientID %>'); for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } if (grid_obj != null) { var new_window = window.open('print.html'); //print.html is just a dummy page with no content in it. new_window.document.write(grid_obj.outerHTML); new_window.document.close(); new_window.focus(); new_window.print(); new_window.close(); } curVisible = false; for (var i = 1; i < grid_obj.rows.length-1; i++) { grid_obj.rows[i].cells[8].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; grid_obj.rows[i].cells[9].style.display = curVisible ? "none" : "inline"; } }
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Now after the print and closing that popup I click the backbutton again and things don't seem to persist. I did notice that the pageload of the main window (one I'm going back to) gets triggered after the printing of the grid where if I don't click the print button and go back the pageload does not get triggered. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have searched and searched for an answer and am getting nowhere. When this happens I usually feel that I've done something stupid. Oh well Thanks for any help that you can give me
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
87 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

how to transport the Query and insfoset
Hi

I have created the query using SQ01........
How to created T-code for query..

Populate drop down list from table??
Lets say for arguments sake that i have a table which contains the numbers 1 to 10.
How can i get

how can i display php source code snippets ?
I am outputting some pho code .. and I want to display the source code so people can copy and paste

Uploading/Downloading files stored in MySQL database
Hey all,

This problem just came up in my website and I'm having a hard time figuring out what

Echo-ing MySQL content and Keep Formatting?
I have data in my MySQL such as:

QuoteBlah blah

Blah blah

etc
but when i ech

PHP Code To Change Font Color in Table Cell
I would appreciate help with the following snippet of my php code. I am just trying to change the f

Images outside webroot
Im hopeing someone can help me with this because i cant figure it out.I have setup an ASP.NET websit

Putting double spaces instead of single spaces
Im looking at trying to replace all single spacing between fields with double spacing

At pres

Is STL important?
I'm just starting programming and I've made it until the Standart Template Library. But the chapter

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash