Add 5 to a variable when a button is clicked, and re-run a for loop


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So I'm making a feedback sort of section on a website with MySQL and PHP, I've gotten the script to do everything I want except for this. I want the script to only show 5 at a time (which i have accomplished no problem), but I'm also trying to make it so that when the user clicks a button it will show the next 5 records in the database so they can view all records, but only 5 at a time. (I hope this makes sense). So I need the button to add 5 to my $start variable, and then re-run my for loop.


$start = 0;
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
echo $start . "<br /><br />";
$result2 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM testtable LIMIT $start,5") or die(mysql_error());
$row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);

for($counter = 1; $counter <= 5; $counter += 1)
{

echo $row2['ID'] . "<br />";
echo "&nbsp;&nbsp;Subject:<b><font color='red'>&nbsp;" . $row2['Subject'] . "</font></b>";
echo "<br />Message:&nbsp;<b>" . $row2['Message'] . "</b><br /><br />";
$row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);

}

mysql_close($con)
?>


<br />

<form>
<input type="button" value="submit" onclick="<?php $start += 5; ?>" />
</form>

<?php echo $start; ?>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
119 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

please help me... my password gets encrypted but not able to get in database
hai guys,
please help me... in the following function my password gets encrypted but no

Trigger tag in aspx is not coming
hi all ,iam new to ajax, iam using file upload inside the update pannel but right now i want to use

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

Why do I get this error?
Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or

present value of sequence?
Hi

Please help me to find out the present value of sequence?

Thanks

read integers that returns a negative or prints the average
Im trying to finish this homework assignment by tommarow afternoon and I keep getting stuck.
Wr

Log $_POST
How would i log submits on a form, by everyone? I want to then echo the number of submissions.

Images outside webroot
Im hopeing someone can help me with this because i cant figure it out.I have setup an ASP.NET websit

reading partial code from external site
Hi,

I am trying to write a script for my website to get an article from an external website.

Production Order Enterprise Service to Manufacturing Exctn Sys (MES) ???
Hello Experts,

In our current landscape SAP ECC 5.0 is integrated to MES system via PI 7.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash